Dell XPS M1330

Soldato
OP
spend a little extra and get the M1530, i could get them for 760 delivered not long ago. which is a hell of a bargain for the spec. :)

The only real hardware difference I've seen between the M1330 and the M1530 is a better graphics card is possible & the M1530 weighs in at almost 3kg with the 8600 etc. :(

My Dad's old laptop is around 2.7kg and even that's way to heavy for my liking which is one of the reasons I like the look of the M1330 :)

Soldato
OP
i'm thinking of getting myself one of these shortly.

is there any way to tell on the outlet site if they have the 8400 graphics card or the intel? or is it a case of if its not listed its got the intel graphics?

cheers
Steve

I'd say most of the time they'd list it, especially as the 8400 is fairly high end in the laptop world. If it's not listed then assume it has Intel.

Associate
sorry, bit confused here. so what exactly is this outlet you're all talking about, and how do i access it. just ordered and m1530 today, came to £840 in total. sounds like i could have saved me a bit of money though

Associate
spend a little extra and get the M1530, i could get them for 760 delivered not long ago. which is a hell of a bargain for the spec. :)

where exactly was this from. havent been able to find the m1530 anywhere apart fromn the dell site. email in trust if is competitor

Associate
just got mine delivered this morning,
75 processes running originally.lol fresh install of windows got tht down to 40.
nice laptop. good battery life already
only thing id say is fingerprint reader is a bit slow to react, but ill still use it for the novelty value :p
definitely worth the purchase if your thinking of buying 1.

Caporegime
just got mine delivered this morning,
75 processes running originally.lol fresh install of windows got tht down to 40.
nice laptop. good battery life already
only thing id say is fingerprint reader is a bit slow to react, but ill still use it for the novelty value :p
definitely worth the purchase if your thinking of buying 1.

I heard a lot of people install a fresh version of Windows when they get it, where do you get the fresh version from? Does it come with a recovery disk without all the bumf on or did you need to buy a new copy of windows?

Soldato
Amp, from what I gather, the manufacturer will give you the original Windows discs with your purchase for an additional £7 or something like that.

Associate
I have been looking at a XPS M1330 for a few days now and I quite like the idea of getting a laptop for use around the house.

I'm thinking of getting the following:

Base Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
Microsoft Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English
Memory 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
Keyboard Internal Lightweight Keyboard - UK/Irish (QWERTY)
Video Card 128MB nVidia® GeForce® 8400M GS
Hard Drive 160GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
Optical Devices Fixed 8x DVD+/-RW Slim Slot Load Drive, including SW
Wireless Networking Intel® Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card - Europe - Core 2 Duo Processors
Shipping Documents English Documentation with English/Irish Power Cord
Standard Warranty Base Warranty - 1 Year XPS Premium Hardware Support (incl. Gaming and On-Site Support)
Power Supply 65W AC Adapter
Bluetooth Dell™ TrueMobile 355 internal Bluetooth Module - European
Primary Battery Primary 6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (85 WHr)
Biometric Identification Biometric Fingerprint Reader
Dell System Media Kit Resource DVD - (Diagnostics & Drivers)
Colour Choice Crimson Red & 0.3 mega pixel Camera for White-LED Display
LCD 13.3" UltraSharp™ WXGA (1280x800) White-LED Display (300 nits) with TrueLife™

All for £680.09 inc vat, delivery and using a 10% code.

Is it worth getting the 9-cell battery? I mean it goes up to 698.09 I think if I add the 9-cell battery.

Now I hear when people call up Dell you can ask for things like free delivery and stuff? Do you just say "look I'm looking to buy this spec of a laptop will you give me free delivery if I buy it right here right now" sort'a thing? :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
You get free delivery on the XPS range at the moment anyway, but I was wondering the same thing, maybe getting a free battery upgrade or a free bag or something. :)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
It's annoying, I want to get the pre configured M1330 that's about 849, but instead of the 250gig 5400 drive I want to 'downgrade' it to a smaller 7200 drive. But you can't on this config, and if you spec one of the lower configs up to this level it's more money.

So am I best off calling them and saying I want the £849 config but with a 7200 rpm drive instead? Do they do that kinda thing?

Back
Top Bottom