Delvis: Mobilise!

Caporegime
Posting these links up for icecold to have a look at some issues I have been having.

Main issues are recovery of my shoulder, and looking in to the issue of my 'collapsed' right foot. Others may have the same issues which is why I have created the thread.

I am linking the pictures to preserve the size of them:

Full-Body

Front

Front-Arms Up

Front-Arms up - Tensed

Back

Back-Arms Up

Back-Arms up - Tensed

Side

Side-Arms Up

Side-Arms up - Tensed

Feet

Front

Inner

Will update the post later if need be :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Can you get me a shot of your back and right side with your arms straight overhead (abs and glutes switched on also)?

Not that bad at all, relatively easy to fix :)

Will do, i'll get the pics this evening hopefully (long as I can stretch my arms over my head after working them this evening :p)

Thanks again buddy.

Guys, can you post your arched backs in the mobility thread? :p Saves confusion.

Caporegime
OP
Delvis, I don't even know what I'm looking at in terms of your feet. What's wrong with it? Looks like a perfectly ok foot to me. I'm only asking so I know :)

It 'bends' inwards at the ankle, therefore causing pain in my shin / knee while sitting down / walking / running / walking the dog.

It can be seen here in the diagram: http://www.painfreewalking.co.uk/flat-feet-overpronation.html

Basically it's pronating (pronation). Well, I believe so anyway, it would make sense and explains the pains I have on a daily basis.

:)

The shoulder...You can't see it much there, but the right one droops down every since my injury back in 2010 I believe.

Caporegime
OP
I know Icecold's the expert round here so wait till he says it's ok to do this first but...

It seems as thought your hips are tilted forwards more than they should be, so you need to get that fixed. They don't look too bad, and it may be exaggerated by your shorts but it's something to keep an eye on.

I'd suggest doing the "crucifix" stretch, basically you stand back against the wall, your feet about a foot away from the wall to start with. You then put your arms straight out to either side, bent at the elbow so your hands are facing up. Keep your head, elbows, hips and hands against the wall whilst using your core to pull your lower back against the wall. You should be able to get it flat, if you can get flat, then move your feet closer the the wall, then when you've got your back flat with feet against the wall you can start moving your arms up towards your head, this increases the stretch even more.

You should feel the stretch right up your back, doing this twice a day for 2/3 weeks should get those hips where they should be. Oh and it will do good for your posture and help correct forward/office head (although you seem pretty good in that area) :D

Either way, thank you, I can actually do what you describe, just i've never gone out of my way to go "ooh, i'll do this today".

I'll do some tonight either way just to see how far I can go :)

Concerning the office head, are you saying I do or don't have it? :p We actually have decent chairs in our office, can't find a link for them currently though

Caporegime
OP
Don't do it too many times, just hold it for 3/4 reps for 30 seconds, twice a day.

I think everyone with a modern lifestyle has it to a certain extent, but you seem fairly ok, nothing serious.

Good to know though, luckily I do have a decent chair, and I try not to learn forwards where I can.

Is the idea to try it in one position, succeed, then raise your arms further? Untill all reps?

Caporegime
OP
I'm far from an expert! I've just picked up some knowledge from trying to fix myself and other people I train with. Feel free to try Scon's (or anyone else's) suggestion, but you're likely to find that until you loosen some other stuff up you'll be pulled back in bad positioning. I have a different exercise called the crucifix so this might get a little confusing :p

Can you remind me what equipment you have access to in terms of bands and balls/rollers?

No worries :)

I just tried scons crucifix, and yeah, I can do it, but the main limitation is (surprise surprise) in the shoulders...Weirdly my left one.

With regards to equipment, I have nothing, the only thing I have is a doggy ball which is solid rubber, so has next to no 'give'. Main reason I got it was to free up my scapula :p as it gets knots all the time

Caporegime
OP
hm, you're either pretty good at it, are doing something wrong or there's nothing wrong with your hips and it's just an illusion :D Have you tried sliding your arms up the wall a bit?

I'd try and get some more core work done, doing more abs exercises will tighten up the muscles pulling your hips back towards the neutral position.

The second page of this explains the problem better than me (I'm not the best with words :D )

Aye I lifted my arms, things get tighter, but it's my shoulders that get the most of it. Probably due to the elbows going back

Caporegime
OP
Thanks ice, I'll get on to listening / reading soon as I can :)

Kinda hard to do it at work due to being in a server room :o

EDIT: And get you those other pictures obviously

EDIT 2: That last link, I looked at that before and I really don't get the fundamentals of it :p :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
:D

It's as simple as it looks, my range of motion is small (bad ankle) so it perhaps isn't easy to see what's happening, but it's just a small single leg squat in each of the three positions, followed by going onto tip toes.

Erm, I don't understand which bit you don't understand! :p

Just looks odd (due to camera angle) :p

If its a case of partial squatting in each position it should make sense :)

Caporegime
OP
Inner and outer shin. You need to be really brutal with your feet, go slowly and smear...

How has the rest of the foot stuff been? I found really forcing pressure through the "tripod" helps, i.e. outside of heal, inside and outside of ball of foot (like "pen penny" in the video).

More stuff on it's way.

Main stuff I've been doing is rolling the ball around under my foot, heavy but slowly.

I basicaly work down my shin, going to look at the videos again to confirm some things. I must say it's very painful a little bit up the inner shin above the ankle.

Will check the pen penny vid again too :)

No worries though mate, take your time, im happy with anything as and when it comes

Back
Top Bottom