Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Caporegime
Thanks both :)

I read about the pure bladestone yesterday evening and farmed the start of 4-2 up to the black skeleton for a good two or three hours. Turned the world black and jumped from around level 50 to 90 and still nothing. Hit level 92 and got 3 in the space of 5 minutes so now have that ring.

From reading a few guides, the only thing I'm definitely locked out of from my first playthrough is the Mausoleum key, the knight must've wandered off when I first met him and got murdered. Not sure how much harder Old King Doran will be if I murder the knight for the key and try it immediately after starting NG+

By far the hardest section of the game up to this point (I'm yet to complete the last boss) was the very first 3 or 4 hours of the game. Never played a souls game before and the learning curve was immense but as soon as 1-1 was out of the way and I started to level up it got progressively easier.

Associate
Thanks both :)

I read about the pure bladestone yesterday evening and farmed the start of 4-2 up to the black skeleton for a good two or three hours. Turned the world black and jumped from around level 50 to 90 and still nothing. Hit level 92 and got 3 in the space of 5 minutes so now have that ring.

From reading a few guides, the only thing I'm definitely locked out of from my first playthrough is the Mausoleum key, the knight must've wandered off when I first met him and got murdered. Not sure how much harder Old King Doran will be if I murder the knight for the key and try it immediately after starting NG+

By far the hardest section of the game up to this point (I'm yet to complete the last boss) was the very first 3 or 4 hours of the game. Never played a souls game before and the learning curve was immense but as soon as 1-1 was out of the way and I started to level up it got progressively easier.

You can always cheese kill Doran with poison if you dont want to go toe to toe. Bosses dont get harder, they just gain hp, so look at it like you have gained hp also, better stats etc, so bosses just take longer to kill, you still have to find the way to kill them, that doesnt change

I found this game easy, and the quickest to playthrough of all souls games, but it was the last one I played of all of them. Its certainly the prettiest on ps5
I recommend dark souls remastered next, see if you can platinum that, graphics are a comedown though

Caporegime
You can also find somebody with the ability to put a red sign down in your world to help you by allowing you to kill them 5 or 6 times or whatever.
Did this yesterday thanks :)

I generally don't play games more than twice, unless it's for a platinum, so this helped immensely. Used the Reddit Discord Group and someone let me kill them twice so I could get PWWT for the rings and trophy. Mopped up the rest of the trophies today and found NG+ a piece of **** with the Thief Ring, Cloak and Firestorm. Literally ran through every single level and slaughtered most bosses within seconds. Only the Flamelurker gave me a bit of trouble until I tried the Homing Soul Arrows.

Associate
Did this yesterday thanks :)

I generally don't play games more than twice, unless it's for a platinum, so this helped immensely. Used the Reddit Discord Group and someone let me kill them twice so I could get PWWT for the rings and trophy. Mopped up the rest of the trophies today and found NG+ a piece of **** with the Thief Ring, Cloak and Firestorm. Literally ran through every single level and slaughtered most bosses within seconds. Only the Flamelurker gave me a bit of trouble until I tried the Homing Soul Arrows.

surely you went to ng++ as some boss souls are needed 3 times?

Soldato
Finally came back to this a week or so ago after a bit of a break.

Finished it!

Thoroughly enjoyable game. I did find the challenge seemed a lot less than I had read about and fundamentally this felt like it was because I had ranged abilities with both magic and compound longbow. Also maybe I was over levelled?

Initially it was tough but once I started to level up, my build came into its own.

I finished on souls level 110 with quite a well rounded magic/strength/dexterity build. My HP was only like level 20, and my Stamina 21. But the others were 33 - 37 depending on stat.

NG+ is a bit easier but I can see it quickly requiring further levelling as the enemies are like damage sponges.

I have also made the mistake of finishing the game before spending some demons souls on useful things like firestorm spell. Oops! Hopefully I can bash through archstone 1 and get Yuria back or whatever her name is.

Great looking game with engaging level design and game play.

Just feels so much nicer than Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. I'm enjoying DS 3 but man the janky framerates are painful after playing Demons Souls.

Back
Top Bottom