• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

der8auer - AMD vs. Intel

Soldato
no they aren't, if they gave bad advice and shilled every time and the product wasnt actually good, then would loose all their viewers.
That's just fiction. There will always be people who aren't really interested in the facts and just want to be told what they want to hear. You can make a great living out of shilling products to fanboys on Youtube. Not just in the PC hardware space either. The same goes for music, films, TV, video games... Youtube is full of absolute garbage channels with tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands and occasionally millions of subscribers that do little more than rabidly defend the compan(y/ies) that send(s) them a ton of free stuff. You're putting far, far too much faith in the average person who watches Youtube if you think that they care whether it's fully accurate or not. Plenty of Youtubers have been caught running outright scams targeted at their viewers and come out of it practically unscathed, because their loyal fanbase either calls it fake news or says they deserve another chance or they'll stand by them no matter what.

The vast majority of the site is a cesspool full of people just looking to make as much money as possible from their channel. The actual decent, passionate people who are on the level and produce great content are the minority.

Associate
That's just fiction. There will always be people who aren't really interested in the facts and just want to be told what they want to hear. You can make a great living out of shilling products to fanboys on Youtube. Not just in the PC hardware space either. The same goes for music, films, TV, video games... Youtube is full of absolute garbage channels with tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands and occasionally millions of subscribers that do little more than rabidly defend the compan(y/ies) that send(s) them a ton of free stuff. You're putting far, far too much faith in the average person who watches Youtube if you think that they care whether it's fully accurate or not. Plenty of Youtubers have been caught running outright scams targeted at their viewers and come out of it practically unscathed, because their loyal fanbase either calls it fake news or says they deserve another chance or they'll stand by them no matter what.

The vast majority of the site is a cesspool full of people just looking to make as much money as possible from their channel. The actual decent, passionate people who are on the level and produce great content are the minority.

This.

We would all like a different reality, but wishing something is so does not make it so, unfortunately.

Soldato

eird-al-yankovic-tin-foil-hat-160x160.jpg

yes you are right better get my tinfoil hat to stop the influences getting into my brain and telling me what to buy.

Associate
Thought that was a refreshingly honest video and I'll back 8auer with my money should be say something is worthy of it if m or not, as I have with my new case. ... It's absolutely awesome. Anyhow, a nice insight into favouritism, politics and brown noseing

Permabanned
@Panos how do You know what he makes money on ?? AFAIK hes like 8pack here working for Caseking building custom systems binning cpus ect.
Besides that show me a single review where x3900x hits those 4.7 @humbug i got one never seen it boost there EVER. Maybe AMD shouls stop lying and give proper boost and turbo clocks on the product ?? Guess You missed part that when Steve from GN contacted AMD to find official boost numbers for hes rewiev AMD brushed him off....

I do remember ********* after he shown delided threadripper

Permabanned
Thought that was a refreshingly honest video and I'll back 8auer with my money should be say something is worthy of it if m or not, as I have with my new case. ... It's absolutely awesome. Anyhow, a nice insight into favouritism, politics and brown noseing
SAme he does some fantastic tests. Only guy I actually like besides Steve from GN Buildzoid from AHO VERY mixed about Steve from HU.

Soldato
@Panos how do You know what he makes money on ?? AFAIK hes like 8pack here working for Caseking building custom systems binning cpus ect.
Besides that show me a single review where x3900x hits those 4.7 @humbug i got one never seen it boost there EVER. Maybe AMD shouls stop lying and give proper boost and turbo clocks on the product ?? Guess You missed part that when Steve from GN contacted AMD to find official boost numbers for hes rewiev AMD brushed him off....

4.6 is the 3900x max boost, probably why you have never seen 4.7.

Permabanned
4.6 is the 3900x max boost, probably why you have never seen 4.7.
Not seen 4600 either :D And that on My cooling :D not some crappy 240mm aio lol
Let me turn off that all core oc i got atm and give ya screenshots lol

Full on stock max You can see is 4566 with temps maxing at 62 cpu 64.5 tdie most can dream about temperatures like that on 3900x. So I'd say AMD should have said boost is 4550 or 4500 maybe if someone uses Dry ice or LN2 it will boost to them 4600 :D

i0E8t2z.jpg

this is why runing all core oc with not stupid voltage jumps i consider better option. Not like any game runs on 1-2 cores only nowadays hehe

Last edited:
Soldato
Now AdoredTV has fallen to the dark side as well.

He's complaining that AMD lied about Zen2, wouldn't correct slides and then tried to stonewall his content, subsequently getting attacked by fanboys.

He's now said that he will no longer cover AMD products going forward.

Soldato

I do remember ********* after he shown delided threadripper

Should have brushed his hair TBH.

Associate
Not seen 4600 either :D And that on My cooling :D not some crappy 240mm aio lol
Let me turn off that all core oc i got atm and give ya screenshots lol

Full on stock max You can see is 4566 with temps maxing at 62 cpu 64.5 tdie most can dream about temperatures like that on 3900x. So I'd say AMD should have said boost is 4550 or 4500 maybe if someone uses Dry ice or LN2 it will boost to them 4600 :D

i0E8t2z.jpg

this is why runing all core oc with not stupid voltage jumps i consider better option. Not like any game runs on 1-2 cores only nowadays hehe

Most Bus clocks on Ryzens since GEN 1 are never set to 100. Some motherboards allow adjusting to something like 101. Any higher borks other components from working correctly like the usb.

The multiplier boost to 46 in one core but your bus is lower than 100.

Last edited:
Caporegime

He's complaining that AMD lied about Zen2, wouldn't correct slides and then tried to stonewall his content, subsequently getting attacked by fanboys.

I've just sent him this email, edited some of it out to prevent a riot here...

I agree with a lot of the comments in your last video, you claim you want to tell the truth about the big 3, but will only do it from behind a paywall, thats BS, you know like that you're not holding them to account at all, your intention here is simply to create a pay per view service, your marketing ###### is just as bad as AMD's, this coming from a Ryzen 3000 owning AMD fan, and an Ex-AdoredTV fan, very very disappointed, Jim.

I don't buy your fanboy argument, i get a lot of #### for posting on forums, it's easy to ignore them, or #######################################################################################################################################################

Look i understand you want to make money from your extensive knowledge, nothing wrong with that, why shouldn't you be paid for that? but, you're not going to win any new 'customer's if everything you do is behind a paywall because no one knows what you do.

Also, i think you may learn pretty quickly that a lot of people who subscribe to you in monetary form don't do it for "exclusive content" they do it for what you do for the community as a whole, from behind a paywall you're not doing that so i would think you're going to lose some of them.

Not that i think this matters much to you, a lot of investor types will pay you a lot of money to keep your analysis exclusive.

Which is a shame, i think the community has lost something here.

Time to move on i guess.

Soldato

I think he's just ****** ho got it mostly wrong about Zen 2. His clock speed predictions were way off and instead of holding his hands up and saying his source was a lying sack of **** and he had been played, he blames AMD.

Permabanned
Most Bus clocks on Ryzens since GEN 1 are never set to 100. Some motherboards allow adjusting to something like 101. Any higher borks other components from working correctly like the usb.

The multiplier boost to 46 in one core but your bus is lower than 100.
Now This is actually very good point. I have not started laying around much with BCLK overclocking only got this 101.8 tested. Wounder how would it behave if id add that and left rest normal if it goes for boost hehe

I openly admit I was wrong on this. Bet If i would change bclk from auto to manual resulting in disabling spectrum and running on 100bclk not 99.8 or so would get the 4600 single core boost :) After around 160 hours playing around with settings so far on this 390x forgot about taht as I dont tend to run AUTO on anything :D

Back
Top Bottom