• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

der8auer - AMD vs. Intel

Soldato
16y in UK and never understood the argument especially coming from my ex mother in law. I could understand any accent from the start, including the strong Geordie accent two external reps had on my first job in UK.
Yet somehow everyone in the office was amazed how some "immigrant" could understand the them both, while they struggle to understand what they are saying.

Made no difference to me, but possibly is the fact that was already tri-lingual by that time (Greek, English, Italian) and have no issues with learning new languages* or change my accent.
Quickly picked a soft Yorkshire accent, as I was living in Leeds at that time, and while do not sound "native British", I do not sound like Greek either but more Spanish.

*(But always failed to learn German, finding it horrible language that my ears dislike. Contrary to Arabic, Spanish and Mandarin which found easy to learn the last 16y. And especially Mandarin allows me to watch shows made in China in native language and some of them are unsurpassed by the cheap copies made in the West, like the Game of Thrones, 20+ years later).

Maybe some people here don't travel much outside their local areas(in the case of your ex mother-in-law),but if you do travel around even on holiday you do hear different accents.

Back
Top Bottom