Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.
Did you see his video?
That would be a Yes or No.

Yes I watched the video. So did his bosses.

TBH considering you were convinced Durham was going to save the day and everyone was going to be arrested, Hilary was going to take over from Biden before the election, I would imagine that you were firmly in the "Antifa were behind the insurrection!!" crowd, and you admit you voted for the BNP, I think I'll just take all that into account on any of your opinions.

Literally the last thing this trial needed was another homicide of a black man by a cop in the same city.

I can see the rest of the Minnesota national guard being called.

The fact its a black man is irrelevant, a wanted criminal with an outstanding arrest warrant attempted to evade and flee from an armed officer.

Of all the moronic things someone could do, that guy did them all. Specially coming just a day after another officer was executed on a routine traffic stop by a nutter with an ar-15.

I think the American police are far too heavy handed for the most part, sometimes it feels like there's a binary "ED 209" approach to apprehending somebody, but it's very much the American way - law and order at all costs. The problem is - with being so relentless, especially in the case of shooting someone who's simply wanted, who tried to get away, or shooting somebody simply because they won't obey a command - it just inflames tensions and causes more problems, both sides double down and nobody wants to compromise.

The fact its a black man is irrelevant, a wanted criminal with an outstanding arrest warrant attempted to evade and flee from an armed officer.

Of all the moronic things someone could do, that guy did them all. Specially coming just a day after another officer was executed on a routine traffic stop by a nutter with an ar-15.

The fact it was a black man is very relevant.

If the character or criminal record of someone makes the situation irrelevant, then there'd be no reason for this thread.

I think the American police are far too heavy handed for the most part, sometimes it feels like there's a binary "ED 209" approach to apprehending somebody, but it's very much the American way - law and order at all costs. The problem is - with being so relentless, especially in the case of shooting someone who's simply wanted, who tried to get away, or shooting somebody simply because they won't obey a command - it just inflames tensions and causes more problems, both sides double down and nobody wants to compromise.

I dunno how American cops do it tbh. From the way it gets presented, every single interaction/traffic stop is a potential gun fight.
As a cop if you don't go into these situations on high alert, you are gambling with your life multiple times a day.

Its always the ridiculous ones we see, like this US Army Lieutenant, that cause huge offence.
Why cant people just follow the police instructions. As it is now NOTHING good can come from antagonising the cop.
The cop can also be a complete *******, racist idiot but why push him in that situation? Push them after in courts and complaints.

I dont have solutions but i know if it was me id be dancing f the cop asks me too. Im white tho... so..

Suppose part of its a generational thing. At least here in the UK most people I know who are around my age would be, yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir if a copper stopped us.

Where as I know plenty of people who are younger who would just as likely tell them to take a hike than listen to their instruction.

The problem is - with being so relentless, especially in the case of shooting someone who's simply wanted, who tried to get away, or shooting somebody simply because they won't obey a command - it just inflames tensions and causes more problems, both sides double down and nobody wants to compromise.
If you're talking about Daunte Wright do you have any evidence that he was just shot for being "simply wanted"? At the moment there is almost no information. He had a warrant, he tried to evade police, he was shot. That's all that is known at the moment, until more information is released or the bodycam footage is shown, this is all wild speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom