Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exhaust on a ford interceptor is like 1-2ft from his face, close enough where even a short period of time will result in a large amount of carbom monoxide is absorbed into the system, and based on his overhall health, it wouldn't have taken much to affect him negatively.

The fact he was claiming he couldn't breath from the start would have only been compounded by the possible CO2 inhalation.

Last edited:
I would have thought any (competent) pathologist would have tested GF's blood/spotted signs of CO poisoning during the autopsy?

The witness on the stand, didn't do the autopsy. He's only giving his opinion on his findings as a person with 30+ years experience in the field, and having been the chief medical examiner in the states for 17 years prior to retirement.

That's a new piece of evidence.

Apparently the squad car was still running during the whole indicent and with GFs prone at a street level with his face directly facing the exhaust of the squad car, carbon monoxide poisoning could have been a contributing factor in his death.
Greta enters the chat.

What do you think would happen if he did not get charged with murder La riots all over again does not bare thinking about Nike's and 65 inch Tellies getting nicked left right and center shop next door that sells work boots untouched.

But now it's been suggested surely that opens for the prosecution to press for negligence ? It seems a bit of a reach though to suggest exhaust fumes contributed to his death

I would want them to show plume effects and the relation of that to where GF is. From a quick google there seems to a blank spot under the exhaust where the fumes rise due to being warm and being emitted 8” from the floor.

Here we go, I thought undetermined for classification of death was far more accurate than homicide.

I wonder if that will cause a juror to go with reasonable doubt... thing that seems so silly about the notion of a jury is that you could get one stubborn person determined to screw the whole thing - say you have a massive racist who loves that Chauvin killed a black person, they could get onto a jury (just act normal) and become a hold out refuse to vote to convict on anything... or likewise you could get some massive woke type who also suffers from a completely warped view like the racist - thinks words are violence and is determined to find Chauvin guilty of the highest charge etc..

Obvs those are extremes - but maybe more common, you're going to get a range of views and some people will inevitably be more dominant or persuasive in the jury room, some juror or jurors who believe in guilty or not guilty but aren't confident could probs be swayed by pressure form the rest... it is a bit of a lottery as to what these personality types are going to be like in the actual jury room.

I wonder if that will cause a juror to go with reasonable doubt... thing that seems so silly about the notion of a jury is that you could get one stubborn person determined to screw the whole thing - say you have a massive racist who loves that Chauvin killed a black person, they could get onto a jury (just act normal) and become a hold out refuse to vote to convict on anything... or likewise you could get some massive woke type who also suffers from a completely warped view like the racist - thinks words are violence and is determined to find Chauvin guilty of the highest charge etc..

Obvs those are extremes - but maybe more common, you're going to get a range of views and some people will inevitably be more dominant or persuasive in the jury room, some juror or jurors who believe in guilty or not guilty but aren't confident could probs be swayed by pressure form the rest... it is a bit of a lottery as to what these personality types are going to be like in the actual jury room.

And remember it requires unanimous verdicts EITHER WAY. If its a hung jury then its back to square 1 if the prosecution wishes to re-try the case.

That's a new piece of evidence.

Apparently the squad car was still running during the whole indicent and with GFs prone at a street level with his face directly facing the exhaust of the squad car, carbon monoxide poisoning could have been a contributing factor in his death.

Didn't the car have a catalytic converter? It converts carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide.

So for people here in the thread,

Based on the evidence so far, not conjecture or bias - does anyone here think he's guilty of second degree murder? If so, what evidence would you use to back up that opinion and which evidence would you cite, which proves intent was present?

** I personally think he's definitely not guilty of second degree, unsure regarding third degree, probably guilty of second degree manslaughter..
I think he's guilty of second degree murder because chauvin consciously never put him in the recovery position despite being told the guy is lights out. Did no CPR and showed no remorse. For me this is very telling and I struggle to get past this black and white point.

However the high bar of requiring a unanimous decision means he will be found not guilty.
The judge does not seem impartial enough to call a mistrial verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom