Derren Brown - outdone himself this time?

smr

smr

Soldato
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...wn-Ill-predict-Lotto-numbers-during-show.html

"MIND reader Derren Brown is to perform his most audacious stunt yet - predicting the lottery results.

The Channel 4 star plans to forecast the Wednesday night draw as it is screened live on BBC1."

What do you think to this?

- The Sun seem to think that it was split screen trickery; ( http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2631919/Secret-of-Derrens-Lottery-plottery.html ) ... I don't believe this for a second, hopefully I'm right. For one thing, the use of split screen camera tricks and techniques has been around for years and years now and used and used on timeless occasions for all sorts of television programs.

If you know anything about Derren Brown you'll know that he is a great manipulator of the human mind, especially our sub conscience. I'm really looking forward to how he did it tonight, I just hope it's not a split screen trick and that there was a lot more to it and it'd be even better if it was done very audaciously. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If he does predict the lottery results, it is going to be pretty bad news for the National Lottery because, as Jonathan Creek would immediately know, it had been rigged.

Soldato
If you've seen him live you will realise that it's all trickery. Every minute detail is planned, and I expect the same for this. Of course he will not be predicting the lottery numbers, as, while not impossible, is highly improbable. However, it will seem, to us, like he has.

His skill is making it seem real; like he's actually doing what he says he is, when in reality, there is obvious trickery behind it.

Soldato
He'll probably do what he did with the horse racing and record him saying every number, then get an immediate broadcast of BBC, without the delay and have the numbers cleverly edited quickly together as soon as he sees the balls come up the machine, so that it appears that he says it just before the balls been picked, when really it wouldn't matter what ball it was, they had it recorded anyway.

*phew* long sentence much. (and it's the only way I can think it might work unless he's got a real system)

Caporegime
Derren Brown to predict Wednesday Lotto

So Derren is going to attempt to predict the Lotto results on Wednesday (which can be seen at 10:35pm). He is then going to reveal just hpw he did it on Friday during his new programme

Will be interesting to see how many (if any) he matches.

Anyone else intrigued to watch 'The Events' on Friday too?

source

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Brown has said on many, many, many occassions that he is merely an illusionist. He cannot predict anything, just as you or I cannot. If he does somehow predict such events, there will no doubt be some subtle explanation for it.

Caporegime
Brown has said on many, many, many occassions that he is merely an illusionist. He cannot predict anything, just as you or I cannot. If he does somehow predict such events, there will no doubt be some subtle explanation for it.

Granted, and I do not think for one second he can predict anything, but this is an interesting little stunt, and I want to see what the twist is going to be.

Brown has said on many, many, many occassions that he is merely an illusionist.

That quote could so easily go for Gordon Brown. Lol.

Man of Honour
I reckon he'll have recorded saying each number then get an instant broadcast of the show, not the delayed one and edit his show to say each number as soon as they can see it instantly, thus appearing to be just before each ball is picked.

That's not a bad shout.

Soldato
My guess - it'll be shown 'live', and he'll guess, completely correctly, every number about 2 seconds before it drops out the machine as shown behind him on tv.

Mainly because 'live' means '5-10 second delay', and he'll have something attached to him (morse code tapping on his leg, earpiece etc) telling him what it is.

Could do it in a few other ways, but it certainly won't be him being psychic - as I'm sure he'll explain on 11th September.

(this method shamelessly stolen from an episode of Jonathan Creek)

Back
Top Bottom