Designing a C.V in Word

Soldato
There are some decent templates in MS word, Click new, then on the left scroll down to resumes and CV's, it will connect to office online and download a load of free templates, a lot are terrible but there are some nice ones in there, try some out

Permabanned
I am making a new CV does it matter if its plain.\

Surely point is to get across your info in a easily read manner.

Simple headings, with simple detail etc?

Man of Honour
Don't be too worried about the design of the template. There are some good ones to be downloaded if you look around. It’s what you put in them that counts and not fancy headings and fonts.

Caporegime
Don't use tables on your CV I had tables on mine then my agency friend told me tables aren't very compatible with a lot of agency's databases etc and causes a lot of issues!

Use decent formatting and lines as page breaks etc and it'll look pretty modern. I've had lots comment on my cv I'll do a screenshot of it in a bit to show you what it looks like.

Soldato
Don't use tables on your CV I had tables on mine then my agency friend told me tables aren't very compatible with a lot of agency's databases etc and causes a lot of issues!

Use decent formatting and lines as page breaks etc and it'll look pretty modern. I've had lots comment on my cv I'll do a screenshot of it in a bit to show you what it looks like.

Likewise. Had mine reviewed by University services / BBC / Corporate recruitment consultants etc, pretty happy with it to date.

Agree about the tables. I would screenshot mine but it's quite personal as is any CV, I might consider changing stuff and doing it to show you the layout OP if I get some time.

Caporegime
Here you go, blacked out personal details and company names.

cv1.jpg

cv2.jpg

There's more but you get the idea.

Associate
I had a crap CV originally, it didn't matter too much because the agencies would just move everything about to fit their own templates.

I managed to get a hold of the re-formatted one and just used that & kept updating it as my base CV.

Back
Top Bottom