*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
Its the way to go. I went outward DAC / AMP a bit back and find the sound is delicious and far less open to interference. How are you finding the amp?

I am using a firestone audio DAC with a Naim amp, but I would like something a bit more compact for the future. This one looks tikitty boo. I heard this has a Sub out? I have a massive subwoofer that is unused atm.. could do with a sub out :|

Man of Honour
Its the way to go. I went outward DAC / AMP a bit back and find the sound is delicious and far less open to interference. How are you finding the amp?

I am using a firestone audio DAC with a Naim amp, but I would like something a bit more compact for the future. This one looks tikitty boo. I heard this has a Sub out? I have a massive subwoofer that is unused atm.. could do with a sub out :|

Sorry about the late reply, I never noticed a notification about a reply to this thread hence never remembered to check back until now!

Indeed, it has a sub out :)

So far the amp has been excellent. The USB connection is as pure and interference/jitter free as it can get and it's quite refreshing to have such a clean signal and everything being handled by one unit. It's forced me to only rip to and get FLAC tracks now whereas before I'd be happy to settle for high bitrate mp3s.

The secondary feature is space, it's nice to have all that space reclaimed and put to other uses that the old amp used to take up.

I'll miss the relays clicking when turning an amp on and off and switching inputs but hey ho, gotta evolve with the times :)

As a footnote, I've found the headphones out to be every bit as good as the STX headphone output. Same level of warmth and clarity but minus the analogue noise you get at idle on higher volumes.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry about the late reply, I never noticed a notification about a reply to this thread hence never remembered to check back until now!

Indeed, it has a sub out :)

So far the amp has been excellent. The USB connection is as pure and interference/jitter free as it can get and it's quite refreshing to have such a clean signal and everything being handled by one unit. It's forced me to only rip to and get FLAC tracks now whereas before I'd be happy to settle for high bitrate mp3s.

The secondary feature is space, it's nice to have all that space reclaimed and put to other uses that the old amp used to take up.

I'll miss the relays clicking when turning an amp on and off and switching inputs but hey ho, gotta evolve with the times :)

As a footnote, I've found the headphones out to be every bit as good as the STX headphone output. Same level of warmth and clarity but minus the analogue noise you get at idle on higher volumes.

What model DAC is that looks compact.

Caporegime
IMG_4420_zpsf7298831.jpg

Managed to pick up a second desk for £10.50, ok it's light oak rather than my original which is beech and it's lacking the optional glass top, but the extra space is luxury.

V F

V F

Soldato
Spectrus, is that a charcoal grey wall or is it actually black? The first photo actually looks grey. Yet the second photo looks like it's bordering on black.

Associate
Spectrus, is that a charcoal grey wall or is it actually black? The first photo actually looks grey. Yet the second photo looks like it's bordering on black.

Yes friend, is gray lead, in the first picture the light was pretty intense, in the second was darker, the actual color is more like the second picture is darker.

Back
Top Bottom