*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
Complete setup. Added some Astro's to the mix, real happy overall with my system and setup. (Also the headphones and dock are straight, I dunno why they look squint in the photo :confused: ).

4dTajAT.jpg

Soldato
Nice monitor. I'm looking at monitors of that size for gaming. Do you play games okay on it. I have a 34" ultra wide which is great for games but wanna try something different.

Soldato
Nice monitor. I'm looking at monitors of that size for gaming. Do you play games okay on it. I have a 34" ultra wide which is great for games but wanna try something different.

thanks mate.

yeah, I absolutely love it, it takes getting used to but once you do it’s awesome for immersion.

wouldn’t have anything else now.

Soldato
thanks mate.

yeah, I absolutely love it, it takes getting used to but once you do it’s awesome for immersion.

wouldn’t have anything else now.

I'm more into RTS and RPG games so a 60hz monitor is plenty enough for me and gsync/freesync I can live without. I found a much cheaper lg 43" monitor that might suit me better. Do you play any RTS games at all?

Soldato
I'm more into RTS and RPG games so a 60hz monitor is plenty enough for me and gsync/freesync I can live without. I found a much cheaper lg 43" monitor that might suit me better. Do you play any RTS games at all?

Yeah, I play some Cossacks 3. It certainly gives you an advantage seeing more of the map on the screen, it has been great for everything I have tried on it so far. From gaming to general day-to-day use.

Soldato
Just for balance...

I had a 43" (60mhz, non g-sync) flat monitor further away from my chair than @Zeebedy for about 18 months and never got used to it.

(First World problem, I know, but) I could actually feel my eyes tiring from looking about the screen and having to refocus. It noticeably reduced immersion and I was routinely conscious of having to turn my head to take everything in.

I swapped it for a (non-ultra wide, 165mhz, g-sync) 32" curved screen (having dismissed curved as a gimmick) and I'm so much happier with the smaller option. I suspect a slighter bigger screen would be fine, and everyone's different, and every set-up's different, but I'd definitely be in no rush to buy a massive monitor again.

Soldato
Thanks. I'm slowly coming around to the idea of a curve on larger screens and am trying to work out where the sweet spot might be for me.
I was very set on *not* having a curved monitor - I wanted something flat and wall-mounted. I'm definitely a convert.

Another "issue" I had with the 43" with 16:9 aspect ratio was a strip at the top and at the bottom not being in my natural eye line - so I was conscious of having to look up and down.

I've not tried an ultra-wide - but I suspect it'd be *too* wide, and not tall enough.

Somewhere in between would be the aspect ratio sweetspot I think - and, if it was curved, you'd be able to go a bit bigger - 34,35,36" perhaps - and it'd still be comfortable.

Hope that's of use.

Soldato
I was very set on *not* having a curved monitor - I wanted something flat and wall-mounted. I'm definitely a convert.

Another "issue" I had with the 43" with 16:9 aspect ratio was a strip at the top and at the bottom not being in my natural eye line - so I was conscious of having to look up and down.

I've not tried an ultra-wide - but I suspect it'd be *too* wide, and not tall enough.

Somewhere in between would be the aspect ratio sweetspot I think - and, if it was curved, you'd be able to go a bit bigger - 34,35,36" perhaps - and it'd still be comfortable.

Hope that's of use.
Good info, thanks!

Associate
Just kinda got my new setup half way there:
Ms9B3Q0.jpg

qFI1Moz.jpg

CIYheG4.jpg

BzglBDU.jpg

L9SqI50.jpg

lF8SMqj.jpg

Put the final monitor on a desk mount today so now I need to do some major cable management.
Also I really want to get a white worktop but I hate the fact the one I'm using needs a pole that's right in the way and also the clamps on the mounts damage the desk because it's made of cardboard basically. Any ideas, ideally glossy white but would be handy if it was made of something I could get a channel routed into as I have a mad idea involving RGB strips and resin. I know nothing about stuff like that but I have friends who could do it.
Also thinking of getting hold of some black Alex drawers to mix those up a bit. The original plan was to have a black desk with white kit but it's proven way too hard to find the right stuff.
Will get a third matching monitor when I have some spare funds and am considering wall mounting them (not myself there would be no wall left!!!)
Need to add RGB under the desk, behind the monitors and on the right hand unit to match the left hand unit (want a West Ham Cut Out like my Ravens one and need to make another sea glass lamp but it takes so much time picking out glass on the beach, I spent weeks dong the last one!!!!).
I really really need something in the gap above the monitors. I want Nanoleafs but they are sooo expensive!!!!
Also need to find a way to switch the three different RGB at the same time, all three have addressable LED's so if I can find a way to control it with a click of a button I could make some amazing effects. I think I can pull it off with Chroma and the custom WLED ESP lights as they both support Alexa so only need to setup a routine then find a way to make a button on my Smart Home panel from that but Gigabtye fusion doesn't seem to play ball with anything but I'm sure I'll find a way, just might mean going around the houses to do it.

Anyway what do you all think?
I've not exactly got an eye for design and have had to work on a tight budget but I'm having a good crack at getting something half decent looking.
Any suggestions, ideas or constructive criticism would be appreciated

Soldato
Just kinda got my new setup half way there:
Ms9B3Q0.jpg

qFI1Moz.jpg

CIYheG4.jpg

BzglBDU.jpg

L9SqI50.jpg

lF8SMqj.jpg

Put the final monitor on a desk mount today so now I need to do some major cable management.
Also I really want to get a white worktop but I hate the fact the one I'm using needs a pole that's right in the way and also the clamps on the mounts damage the desk because it's made of cardboard basically. Any ideas, ideally glossy white but would be handy if it was made of something I could get a channel routed into as I have a mad idea involving RGB strips and resin. I know nothing about stuff like that but I have friends who could do it.
Also thinking of getting hold of some black Alex drawers to mix those up a bit. The original plan was to have a black desk with white kit but it's proven way too hard to find the right stuff.
Will get a third matching monitor when I have some spare funds and am considering wall mounting them (not myself there would be no wall left!!!)
Need to add RGB under the desk, behind the monitors and on the right hand unit to match the left hand unit (want a West Ham Cut Out like my Ravens one and need to make another sea glass lamp but it takes so much time picking out glass on the beach, I spent weeks dong the last one!!!!).
I really really need something in the gap above the monitors. I want Nanoleafs but they are sooo expensive!!!!
Also need to find a way to switch the three different RGB at the same time, all three have addressable LED's so if I can find a way to control it with a click of a button I could make some amazing effects. I think I can pull it off with Chroma and the custom WLED ESP lights as they both support Alexa so only need to setup a routine then find a way to make a button on my Smart Home panel from that but Gigabtye fusion doesn't seem to play ball with anything but I'm sure I'll find a way, just might mean going around the houses to do it.

Anyway what do you all think?
I've not exactly got an eye for design and have had to work on a tight budget but I'm having a good crack at getting something half decent looking.
Any suggestions, ideas or constructive criticism would be appreciated

Nice job mate, loving the RGB , really "pops"!

Soldato
@Zeebedy Is that the MATX case, i was looking at a Lancool earlier they look very nice indeed... Nice set up bud

Its a standard midi tower, the Lancool II by Lian-Li. For the money its unreal! Both side glass panels, very user friendly, steel chasis etc..

And thanks, I think thats me for a while now, the only gripe I have is the fans powering the system, might get beter ones, its fine for now and not a big job to change now everything is hooked up but thats for another day! :)

Soldato
Its a standard midi tower, the Lancool II by Lian-Li. For the money its unreal! Both side glass panels, very user friendly, steel chasis etc..

And thanks, I think thats me for a while now, the only gripe I have is the fans powering the system, might get beter ones, its fine for now and not a big job to change now everything is hooked up but thats for another day! :)

Ahh ok, pretty nice though... Didn't know both panels were glass that's crazy, Didn't you get the BeQuiet case not to long ago? :p

Soldato
Ahh ok, pretty nice though... Didn't know both panels were glass that's crazy, Didn't you get the BeQuiet case not to long ago? :p

Yeah, plus on the backside of the case, there are metal panels that help bigtime with cable management and keep everything neat, all you can see are my two SSDs. It looks pretty slick tbh..

And yeah, I bought the BeQuiet around 3-4 week ago :eek: But really wanted to go back to some more RGB and an AIO for cooling. :)

And hoepfully there will be no more changing things now, I change this stuff faster than my underwear! :p :rolleyes:

Soldato
Yeah, plus on the backside of the case, there are metal panels that help bigtime with cable management and keep everything neat, all you can see are my two SSDs. It looks pretty slick tbh..

And yeah, I bought the BeQuiet around 3-4 week ago :eek: But really wanted to go back to some more RGB and an AIO for cooling. :)

And hoepfully there will be no more changing things now, I change this stuff faster than my underwear! :p :rolleyes:
Some cases are getting smart with cable management now, My nzxt has little cable routes attached to the case to group it all together, pretty neat...
Yeah I thought you had bought that not to long ago... We all love abit of RGB so I don't blame you :)

Well you don't think you'll change anything but someone may bring out a new product and youll get the itch again :p

Back
Top Bottom