*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
Nicked the idea from a few on here, with the Ikea Top, Drawers and legs. Totally new build, with new monitor, speakers, keyboard, etc. Only thing i kept was the mouse, hah.

Also nicked the idea. Great solid top but went for the cupboard instead of the draws. Also done some cable management on the underside with some work still to do. Planning a new build with either triple 27'' screens or a single ultrawide.

49773353632_8c1010dacc_b.jpg

49772493258_63beb82189_b.jpg

Associate
Also nicked the idea. Great solid top but went for the cupboard instead of the draws. Also done some cable management on the underside with some work still to do. Planning a new build with either triple 27'' screens or a single ultrawide.

49772493258_63beb82189_b.jpg

Very nice set up!

I am looking at doing the same and still debating how I will hide some of the cables etc.

How are you sticking the power gangs to the underside of the worktop? Are you using velcro sticky pads or tape?

Associate
Very nice set up!

I am looking at doing the same and still debating how I will hide some of the cables etc.

How are you sticking the power gangs to the underside of the worktop? Are you using velcro sticky pads or tape?

Used velcro sticky tape cut down into pieces. they seem to be holding well.
My advise is to take your time and star with the main wires, power cable,display cables and leave the thinner mouse keyboard etc last.

Associate
Used velcro sticky tape cut down into pieces. they seem to be holding well.
My advise is to take your time and star with the main wires, power cable,display cables and leave the thinner mouse keyboard etc last.

Thanks @dannywaugh1 for the tips and advice, really appreciated. Your setup and room looks really good.

I am in the same boat, either stick with triple or go for one widescreen. For me, kind of torn, I will probably go the latter as it looks cleaner. Still, I do like 3 monitors from an every day use perspective. Programs are compartmentalised.

Keep us posted. :)

Soldato
Anyone here used Ikea Capita legs on their DIY desks (or any other project for that matter!!)? If so, can you tell me what type of material the black stuff is on the bottom of the straight legs? I'm guessing some kind of plastic?

Also, if you've used the angled Capita legs, what height are they? The website says 17cm, but I don't know if that includes the bottom bolt or not!

Associate
Anyone here used Ikea Capita legs on their DIY desks (or any other project for that matter!!)? If so, can you tell me what type of material the black stuff is on the bottom of the straight legs? I'm guessing some kind of plastic?

Also, if you've used the angled Capita legs, what height are they? The website says 17cm, but I don't know if that includes the bottom bolt or not!

I have the straight capita legs on my monitor shelf. I can't lift it up to double check the underneath, but stabbing the side of the black bit with my nail says its just a hard black plastic, not rubber or squidgy or anything like that.

Soldato
Only thing now, is rather that changing my case etc.. I ordered a RGB light strip for the case, just to bring a little colour that im not gonna lie, been missing a little bit :p

Will be coming tommorrow, will update tread with it when its installed.

x7A4khA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom