*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
foot.jpg

Haha!:D

Last edited:
Soldato
People who use have the alex draw/worktop setup, how deep is the worktop you have?

I was going to buy everything today but the standard worktop just was not deep enough for me. I think 900mm might be too deep though.

What do people have?

Associate
People who use have the alex draw/worktop setup, how deep is the worktop you have?...

Office_zpswqoyd8rk.jpg

625mm here (same as my kitchen worktop), which is plenty deep enough for me...although it does look quite narrow in my pic.

Think you're right about 900mm being too deep though mate. Would just look a little odd I think, considering the Alex drawers are only 580mm deep.

Worktop (prime oak from worktop express) was originally 2m, but was cut down to 1.8 to fit my office better.

Associate
Office_zpswqoyd8rk.jpg

625mm here (same as my kitchen worktop), which is plenty deep enough for me...although it does look quite narrow in my pic.

Think you're right about 900mm being too deep though mate. Would just look a little odd I think, considering the Alex drawers are only 580mm deep.

Worktop (prime oak from worktop express) was originally 2m, but was cut down to 1.8 to fit my office better.

I was looking at wordering from worktop express as well the prime beech worktop, just wondering if you treated yours with the oils they recommend?

Associate

Wheres the computer :confused:

Associate
Yes mate, I used Rustins Danish on both my desk and kitchen worktops...it's pretty good stuff, and very easy to apply.

Didn't buy it from Worktop Express though...just bought a 500ml can from Toolstation. A little goes a long way! :)

edit: PC's on the right of the desk, Nemesis. (Corsair Carbide 400Q)...apologies it's out of shot ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I was thinking to get deeper worktop and pull the Alex units forward to be flush and put a batton along the back wall to support.

How have you attached the worktop to the alex units?

Associate
Worktop isn't fixed to the Alex units, or the wall, at all.

It just rests on top of the units with a sheet of Ikea Variera (non-slip) drawer mat underneath. Worktop is really heavy so it's very stable, but easy to dismantle if need be.

Soldato
Gave the desk a clean up today, few cables still to tidy. Shelf looks badly bent in the pictures. It is, but only by about ~1mm at max. I suppose a slight angle for the photo's doesn't help.

Managed to cram an Xbox One, A100 amp and BX2's, four way-RCA switch, U3415W, Pi3, headphones and PC set up into little more than one metre. :D

h9f0Qqi.jpg.png
2DOAMGU.jpg.png

Dark picture to show possible backlighting in future? Just as a thought. :)

Oh, and the benchmarks have my CPU/GPU max at 63c. Still nice and quiet with no water in sight!

Last edited:
Associate
Office_zpswqoyd8rk.jpg

looking to build a similar desk with the alex drawers have you attached the worktop to them or is it just freestanding?

Permabanned
Office_zpswqoyd8rk.jpg

I like deeper desks... mine is either 80 or 90cm.

I like squishing my belly up to the side of the desk... where you keyboard is, I would need t-rex arms and the monitor would be a bit close.

Associate
looking to build a similar desk with the alex drawers have you attached the worktop to them or is it just freestanding?

Worktop isn't fixed to the Alex units, or the wall, at all.

It just rests on top of the units with a sheet of Ikea Variera (non-slip) drawer mat underneath. Worktop is really heavy so it's very stable, but easy to dismantle if need be.

:)

Back
Top Bottom