*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
That is a super awesome looking pc build crinkleshoes

21my9tu.jpg

2zp5gt4.jpg

My setup at this moment of time, sorry about the last pic cant seem to straighten it

Last edited:
Associate
Office_zpswqoyd8rk.jpg

625mm here (same as my kitchen worktop), which is plenty deep enough for me...although it does look quite narrow in my pic.

Think you're right about 900mm being too deep though mate. Would just look a little odd I think, considering the Alex drawers are only 580mm deep.

Worktop (prime oak from worktop express) was originally 2m, but was cut down to 1.8 to fit my office better.

What is the height from the floor to the worktop? interested in having a simular setup within my living room

Associate
What tops do people have with their alex units?

I've currently got some £25 top from Ikea when I originally got the units as I was basically forced to get one due to time, I've just lived with it ever since but I feel 60cm is way too short for the depth especially having 3 screens, etc.

Ideally I'd like 2m length and a bit bigger than 60mm depth but can't see anything on Ikea that would match :(

V F

V F

Soldato
Gave the desk a clean up today, few cables still to tidy. Shelf looks badly bent in the pictures. It is, but only by about ~1mm at max. I suppose a slight angle for the photo's doesn't help.

Managed to cram an Xbox One, A100 amp and BX2's, four way-RCA switch, U3415W, Pi3, headphones and PC set up into little more than one metre. :D

h9f0Qqi.jpg.png
2DOAMGU.jpg.png

Dark picture to show possible backlighting in future? Just as a thought. :)

Oh, and the benchmarks have my CPU/GPU max at 63c. Still nice and quiet with no water in sight!

Mmmmm all that black!

Soldato
Been kicked out of my room to make way for a baby :/

So got a new desk setup. Alex units + Walnut butchers block work top. Managed to get a 665mm wide worktop for a bit more depth.

desk.jpg

I want to get the case in the left alex unit but its about 1 inch too long, ive got about 3 inches between the unit and the wall due to the wider worktop so i think im going to cut out the back of the unit so the case can slide in.

Think it will have enough air flow with the door shut?

3rd monitor looks really yellow! Its not though.

Ive also got the cable tray to install when i borrow my dads drill at the weekend.

Soldato
I want to get the case in the left alex unit but its about 1 inch too long, ive got about 3 inches between the unit and the wall due to the wider worktop so i think im going to cut out the back of the unit so the case can slide in.

Good plan. Airflow is likely to be an issue so you may want to put a grille on the front door.

Ive also got the cable tray to install when i borrow my dads drill at the weekend.

Good plan especially considering the baby - they just love tugging things.

Back
Top Bottom