*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
Needs a bit of a tidy...

Desktop.jpg
Dude, what are those speaker stands please?

Soldato
Looking at getting the Ikea Malm desk with the drawers, people who have them, how sturdy/strong is it? I have a big heavy 35in Monitor and a 24in monitor both on a dual arm mount in a stack formation, and my pc also sits on my desk

Associate
Looking at getting the Ikea Malm desk with the drawers, people who have them, how sturdy/strong is it? I have a big heavy 35in Monitor and a 24in monitor both on a dual arm mount in a stack formation, and my pc also sits on my desk

I've got one, had it for years now, it's survived two house moves, various gaming configurations and it's still fine. Doesn't wobble at all. It currently has my PC, PS4, 2 24in monitors and work laptop on it. I'll be replacing one with a 27in whenever one is available and I've no concerns.

Soldato
I've got one, had it for years now, it's survived two house moves, various gaming configurations and it's still fine. Doesn't wobble at all. It currently has my PC, PS4, 2 24in monitors and work laptop on it. I'll be replacing one with a 27in whenever one is available and I've no concerns.

That's good to hear, The cable cubby thing is a massive plus as my floor and walls are a state with wires.

Associate
Hi all,

Long time haven't posted ;)

5 days ago I've decided to build a desk setup I was thinking of for around a year.

Hardest points were measurements due to bay window and building a frame. I will skip all steps I made therefore posting pic from day 1 and day 5 (today setup completed)

DAY 1- 220cm x 90cm (+keyboard/ mouse section 90cm x 40cm)
JGJJbqI.jpg

DAY 5 (today). Once upgraded monitor and speakers will post an update. I will, of course, add hidden led strip lights too :p
P.S. Somehow on a picture it looks pretty small considering it's 220cm wide desk :D
dL8GkHU.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
How are you finidng those speakers? Audio Engine A2+ ?

These are the A2's rather than the A2+'s. Sound-wise, they're fairly neutral and natural sounding. They benefit a lot from the D1 stands which angle the speakers/tweeters towards the ears and also from a degree of toe-in. Bass is limited due to the diminutive size but an external active sub can be connected to fill that out (I've done this myself previously with an old REL Strata).

If you do decide on these, I would also say that it's worth investigating the APO Equalizer and look at some profiles which addresses some of the shortcomings.

Bottom line is that I like them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom