Desktop speakers to beat corsair sp2500

Associate
I'm wanting to upgrade my Sp2500. I want something to blow it out the water. My max is £500 but if it's phenomenal I can stretch.

I have a STX soundcard and am thinking of buying Audioengine a5 with KEF subwoofer. Mainly for movies and music.

How would I connect them to my PC?

Caporegime
You wouldn't be able to connect the sub, unless the soundcard has sub in?

You could always get an amplifier, but you'll have to cut your budget for a sub and speakers. Though you probably won't need a sub with decent speakers.

Associate
OP
You wouldn't be able to connect the sub, unless the soundcard has sub in?

You could always get an amplifier, but you'll have to cut your budget for a sub and speakers. Though you probably won't need a sub with decent speakers.

I'm wanting a sub so that I can get room shaking bass on movies lol.

Would the audio engine a5+ have good level of bass?

Caporegime
I'm wanting a sub so that I can get room shaking bass on movies lol.

Would the audio engine a5+ have good level of bass?

No idea, never used them. But they will most certainly sound better than a set of SP2500 even with the sub which last time I heard them was a bassy mess. But then I'm never over fussed about in your face base. I'd pair a decent set of speakers with a good amp, something like q-acoustics 3010/3020. Or somethign else more known for their base. You can pick up loads of mini DACs now, but I don't know many with sub outputs? Then upgrade to a sub if you feel you need one? Potentially saving a bit of cash.

Soldato
I'm wanting to upgrade my Sp2500. I want something to blow it out the water. My max is £500 but if it's phenomenal I can stretch.

I have a STX soundcard and am thinking of buying Audioengine a5 with KEF subwoofer. Mainly for movies and music.

How would I connect them to my PC?

You can do that. Audioengine A2+ and A5+ have audio out to which a subwoofer can be connected.

Speakers without an audio output (very common) are more awkward to connect a subwoofer. Begbie's thinking of that I assume.

Back
Top Bottom