Detective Pikachu

Man of Honour
OP
Having watched it again, it does look like a pretty good cross between nostalgia (Mr. Mime japes) and modern humour (i.e. Pika’s joke about pushing people away ). This has scope to be great but to do so it’ll have to fly in the face of what you would expect (like the Lego Movie did).

Associate
Maybe it's because I was a little too old when Pokemon became a thing and have no nostalgia to play off, but I'm not really seeing the appeal of PG-13 Deadpool as Pikachu doing what looks very likely to be a by the numbers buddy cop thing.

Associate
Caught the trailer on early minutes of its release.

Thought it was a bit jarring at first from some of the visuals of the pokemon, but quickly felt it was the right way to go about it as the trailer went on.

Caught most of the eastereggs early on. And noticed that it was the same Jigglypuff from the cartoon (it was holding the mic/pen marker) which many missed out on initially. Then had to dig up info on the one in the cartoon and it looks like it's back too in the cartoon since Ep 42 of Sun and Moon series. Anyway, would go and watch, nostalgia will let me give it at least a go. :)

Back
Top Bottom