Detroit: Become Human PC

Soldato
Excellent 4K performance on a 1080 graphics card. Mind-blowing in fact - FPS seemed consistently great, even in complex scenes. The detail in the characters faces and scenery were staggeringly good, creepily lifelike and I liked the cinematic feel of everything, even if the gameplay is mostly QTEs and the story a bit cheesy.

I really enjoyed it, my ending felt perfect - not sure how @arknor ended up at the one he did. I won't give too much away but most of the characters survived in my run.

Caporegime
Excellent 4K performance on a 1080 graphics card. Mind-blowing in fact - FPS seemed consistently great, even in complex scenes. The detail in the characters faces and scenery were staggeringly good, creepily lifelike and I liked the cinematic feel of everything, even if the gameplay is mostly QTEs and the story a bit cheesy.

I really enjoyed it, my ending felt perfect - not sure how @arknor ended up at the one he did. I won't give too much away but most of the characters survived in my run.
all my characters survived just the mother robot ran off from the little girl to save her self, shes the one I saw after the credits alone
she was captured trying to reach the bus, they ended up at the same detroit facility I attacked and won against I guess. since the game says that...
then it skipped my to the cyber factory with connor whos deviant wanting to free the thousand of robots there, I freed them they took to the streets.
except the mother decied to abandon the child once there and then I'm like "lol you evil ******" then remember I made the choice :D
it was her I saw after the credits alone.

but yep really crappy ending imo I didn't even get to see what really happened after I won the battle just skip to the news and the humans who suddenly wanted to kill me and say we arent alive now suddenly decide we are and that's it pretty lame ending imo.

it felt like I didn;t get to see the outcome of my choices and I felt ripped off, it was ended with a news scene and thats it like wtf?

It didn't feel like there was closure to the story at all

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I finished it earlier had 2 total crashes/game just doesn't move on to next scene.
I thought it ended pretty abruptly tbh.

I'm not even sure what the ending was lol...
I won an assault on some Detroit camp, connor went deviant and released thousands of androids from cyber whatever.
news woman said some crap about having to share the planet with robots ,credits rolled, after the credits there was just a scene of no significance showing 10seconds of what happened to one of the other characters

I wanted some big war and to kill humanity what the hell.

definitely wouldn't play it again and should have waited until it was like 10quid

I think it starts well but the game kinda loses its way and starts to get a bit tiring I'd probably give it 6.5/10 maybe a 7

Just finished my playthrough, was 10.5 hours. Pretty much agree with you. I did really enjoy Connor's chapters and the detective stuff. Kara and Alice were a cheap way to get some emotion, but it still kinda worked. Thought it outstayed its welcome a bit at the end, some of those chapters could have been streamlined a lot.

Also thoroughly agree with the Girlfriend Reviews review:

Associate
Anyone else getting a 28GB update for this today through Epic or has my client decided to just download the game again??

Cannot find any patch notes to back this download up?

Associate
Just completed D:BH - it's exceptional.

Game crashes were frequent and inexplicable, sometimes it'd crash every 5 minutes other times it wouldn't crash at all, really random.

Story is great, graphics and environments are superb. As someone mentioned, the Connor missions are fantastic.

It did have a nice and slow (yet not boring) start and then BOOM, massive transitions and story developments happening instantly as if to say they were running out of time.

I completed in 11.5ish hours and thought it was great. Cameras and controls are a tad finnicky and the QTEs are lethal if you're not prepared.

Overall 9/10 - thoroughly enjoyed it and games like this and Heavy Rain are a extremely welcome change of pace and experience.

Associate
I finished this on the PS4 when it came out and thought it was excellent. I went on to play Beyond:two souls as well and I thought that was even better. So good in fact; the game story has stayed in my memory quite vividly to this day.

Soldato
My god the frame drops on this game are astounding. I'll be walking around happily with fps going up to 60 then I walk to a further section of the environment and BAM drop to 8 fps, it slowly goes back up. What's wrong with this game?

I've uninstalled those windows updates that cause stuttering.
Lowering graphics options in game makes the stuttering WORSE.

Edit: looks like the game is just a bad port. Deffo play the demo before playing it. I don't think I'm going to bother despite it looking awesome. I just can't handle the jarring frame drops.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had zero crashes and issues with the game was brilliant that was around 6 months ago or so.

Maybe check Steam forums for any issues as it's a game well worth playing.

Soldato
I've looked and tried all the fixes. From reading various experiences some people say it works but it does stutter and some say you need 8 core/ 16 thread for a smooth experience. Loaded up some other games to check it wasn't my system too.

At the start of the game when you have to grab some paint it stutters slightly when you talk to the cashier. When you approach the group of demonstrators it always stutters slightly, when the cutscene plays it stutters randomly. If you move to the shop window next to the bus stop it will stutter then frame rate will go back up. Move back to the demonstrators and you'll get a slight stutter, move back to the shop window and it will drop fps again and slowly return to normal.

Soldato
I've looked and tried all the fixes. From reading various experiences some people say it works but it does stutter and some say you need 8 core/ 16 thread for a smooth experience. Loaded up some other games to check it wasn't my system too.

At the start of the game when you have to grab some paint it stutters slightly when you talk to the cashier. When you approach the group of demonstrators it always stutters slightly, when the cutscene plays it stutters randomly. If you move to the shop window next to the bus stop it will stutter then frame rate will go back up. Move back to the demonstrators and you'll get a slight stutter, move back to the shop window and it will drop fps again and slowly return to normal.
Had none of those issues on my system, perhaps take a look at this thread A recent Windows 10 update is trashing framerates and causing games to stutter | Overclockers UK Forums

Back
Top Bottom