Detroit has no more money. [Officially Bankrupt]

Man of Honour
Detroit is a vile place. Stayed well away from it when I worked in Michigan and would often hear some terrible stories from even the 'safest' parts of the city.

Associate
It is. Due to the high black population, it'll be left like that.

Actually there is some truth in that. You've only got to look at New Orleans for a prime example. Years after it was flattened by Katrina, an awful lot of it is still in **** state. Virtually left untouched even after a few years.
If it had been Washington or suchlike, you can bet your bottom dollar it would have been completely rebuilt and squeaky clean long ago.

It's a pop at the government of the (supposedly) richest country in the world rather than the inhabitants of the respective cities.

Caporegime
Public bodies ought to be investing (and ring fencing the funds) to pay for future pension obligations not relying on future tax revenue and borrowing to fund them. Population going from 1.5 million to half that and the resulting shrinking in the local govt infrastructure ought to be manageable still. Problem is if the previous city workers from when the infrastructure was larger are retired now and the city is expecting to use current tax revenue to pay for their pensions then it's going to cause problems regardless of the current economy.

Soldato
you'd think if all these old people had worked all their life the government would have set aside money for their retirement and not spent it..

Soldato
Understandable then, why clean up what the blacks make a mess of?

Something we in the uk could learn?

Substitute black for poor and ****less. If you don't believe me go on a tour of predominantly white council estates pretty much anywhere but inner London. For extra credit, visit Scotland and Northern Ireland.

I suppose you're one of these self entitled noobs at life who had his jaab stolen by a darkie or other immmigentz? :p

Soldato
Substitute black for poor and ****less. If you don't believe me go on a tour of predominantly white council estates pretty much anywhere but inner London. For extra credit, visit Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Yes but.

There are also many white urban areas where white people do not live in chav infested slums. This doesnt seem to be the case with Black majority neighbourhoods.

The problem in the US (and possibly in the UK too, though I cannot find the corresponding UK figures) is that the liklyhood of doing prison time at some point in their life is 3-5% for Whites, 10-15% for non-Black, Non-Whites, and 30-40% for Blacks!:eek:

With this level of chronic endemic criminality, it is almost impossible for Black majority neighbourhoods to be anything other than crime infested slums, wherever they are! :(

Soldato
The Republican Governor of Detroit returns home, and walks into his living room where his wife is seated. He is carrying a massive steaming turd in his hand.
He says to her, 'This neighbourhood and city is such a dump, look what I nearly stepped in.'

Back
Top Bottom