** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
They said something about putting sigils into dungeons to make nightmare dungeons.

Have they said how you get sigils?

Rl8Jmdx.png

After Diablo Immortal, I really don't trust anything Blizzard say and the fact they couldnt categorically say no pay2win, only that the "shop" is anchored around cosmetics, leads me to think Diablo Immortal is a pretty reasonable representation of what is likely to happen. If D4 has anything more than costmetics its a nope from me. I'm not paying £50 for a game only to be forced into paying more money just to play it fairly vs others.

Look at DI pvp its a complete joke, a single whale can absolutely dominate group pvp so much so they do 10x the damage and take 10x less, essentially making them unkillable for f2p players.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They said something about putting sigils into dungeons to make nightmare dungeons.

Have they said how you get sigils?

Nothing yet that I know of. They did say they come with affixes on the sigils to boost the difficulty and the rewards which sounds a lot like maps in Path of Exile. I'm guessing/hoping they just are random drops, or maybe they are the reward for completing a regular dungeon which would be how rifts work in Diablo 3 (clear a regular fit and get a greater rift key).

Soldato
Think it would be very wise for everyone to forget about Diablo 4, and any other game Blizzard is working on. Wait until a few weeks after it's out, ignore any hype.

I don't think this company could make a good game if they tried now, and I doubt they are trying. Monetisation has to come first.
"If we can't sell someone a shiny new cloak, then what are we even developing this PoS for?"

Associate
I'd hope the impending MS take over will affect the level of corporate interference. But it sure as heck didn't help diablo immortal. So I don't know.

I can see a world in which the devs are allowed to just make a good game without shoehorning in the worst monetization because the people who would be doing the shoehorning now aren't the same people who will be taking the money out at the end. But it seems so intrinsic to how activision works right now that they may not be able to help themselves

Soldato
OP
I'm hopeful it won't have any pay-to-win due to previous lessons they should have learned, but I'm not holding my breath. I think the only saving graces are that Diablo Immortal is getting a huge backlash due to its predatory pay-to-win model, and also that Diablo 3 had a pay-to-win model (the RMAH) which eventually got removed due to backlash and it caused them to lose their avenue for monetisation and had them go through 2 or 3 game directors.

If they don't get it right from the start then the game will be dead within 6 months.

Associate
D4 will not be anywhere near as predatory as DI. It'll be a live service game most likely, with paid expansions and cosmetics, maybe some convenience. Monetization along the lines of Destiny 2.

That's fine with me, I wouldn't mind buying a new expansion once a year or so to be fair. There is no way in hell it'll be p2w like DI.

Soldato
D4 will not be anywhere near as predatory as DI. It'll be a live service game most likely, with paid expansions and cosmetics, maybe some convenience. Monetization along the lines of Destiny 2.

That's fine with me, I wouldn't mind buying a new expansion once a year or so to be fair. There is no way in hell it'll be p2w like DI.
agree similar to lost ark most likely

Soldato
OP

Bit of an odd promotion from Blizzard! One on hand: free tattoo and some are cool. On the other hand: basically selling advertising space on your body.

Just a heads up though in case anyone is interested as they are doing a bunch in London next month.

Soldato
Imagine the regret getting a Diablo IV tattoo? Seema a bit irresponsible to offer it.
Why would you regret it? It's obviously going to be done by adults who want to get a tattoo and who have no problems with getting a tattoo, infact I'd wager that many who get it done already have more one tattoo. It's not like they're going around with a child catcher net and rounding up Diablo fans to forcibly ink them.

Soldato
I can't open the story here, but if it's all Diablo IV related tattoos then yeah, I imagine there could be regret. Especially if the game is of recent Blizzard quality.
It's not like adults never make stupid impulse decisions.

Soldato
OP
I can't open the story here, but if it's all Diablo IV related tattoos then yeah, I imagine there could be regret. Especially if the game is of recent Blizzard quality.
It's not like adults never make stupid impulse decisions.

Some of them are decent, and vague enough that most people (unless they knew the franchise) would just see it as a random tattoo. But yeah, some are literally just the "D" logo for D1, D2, D3, D4 and Immortal (who would get a Diablo Immortal tattoo :p)

Blizzard is handing out Beta Early Access for Diablo IV - but only if you sacrifice a part of your very own flesh! Over the next two months, the "Diablo Hell's Ink" Promotion Tour will visit tattoo shops all over the world handing out free Diablo tattoos - and not only that: Fans who decide to get decorated with one of 26 available tattoo motives will also get Beta Early Access and a digital copy of Diablo IV upon release! You can choose out of a total of 26 tattoos.

ZNJ9BE4.png

Back
Top Bottom