• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did anyone get the FE version? Anyone?

Associate
Considering that the stock sold out in <1 second by bots, before the DOM of the web page updated, they must have knowledge of the api keys for the site, no?

If a bot invokes the webpage then it would suffer the same issues we all do, even with perfect efficiency the bots would still be waiting 20 minutes..

The conclusion must be that the bots have somehow obtained or predicted the exact links to purchase the page with the exact form submission values to prefill the details.
ie; the bots don't even use a web page to buy. They skip to the card payment immediately.

This can be prevented by a little custom web dev for each launch with a custom token and changing a few element names for calls.
An unreleased acceptance key.

Associate
The problem was somewhat created by there being no actual pre-orders and limited stock on release day.

Take the PS5 for example, there is enough time between pre-order and delivery so if a bot scripter was to buy up 1k ps5s they would be out a lot of money for months and sony could turn around and release more stock before Christmas meaning they might break even.

With this launch, everything was rushed and Nvidia should have allowed retailers to launch pre-orders with a delivery date end of October to give themselves and everyone else a buffer.

The fact they didn't leads me to believe it was all on purpose.

Associate
Received my FE from Nvidia UK today, so there was stock, just clearly not much.

It seemed like they didn't even put stock up when they said they were going to (at 2pm), when I finally saw an "Add to cart" button it was gone 4pm. Then I had to keep refreshing to even get to the checkout since the cart checkout button just didn't work very well.

Soldato
Received my FE from Nvidia UK today, so there was stock, just clearly not much.

It seemed like they didn't even put stock up when they said they were going to (at 2pm), when I finally saw an "Add to cart" button it was gone 4pm. Then I had to keep refreshing to even get to the checkout since the cart checkout button just didn't work very well.

Congrats!
I might get one later down the line for watercooling (as there are rumoured 'special' waterblocks for this), in the meantime I'll sit and hope I get the MSI Trio before Xmas..

Back
Top Bottom