Dimitar Berbatov set to leave Manchester United, is Welbeck really a better option?

Caporegime
Berbatov should have left before last season, let alone this summer, no idea why he didn't or if he was forced to stay essentially.

As in, I understand Utd had the option to extend his contract...... but I don't know whose choice it was and they may have extended it each time either, thinking they'd use him(when it was clear to everyone else they wouldn't) or to command a bigger fee from the clubs interested, but they scared them off with said bigger fee and higher wage demands.

If Fergie was just desperate for cover, let Berb go and buy someone in on 1/4 of the wage and save a crapload while not screwing Berbatov over. It might just have been that no one was interested in buying him, or more to the point, no one that would have improved his situation. First team for someone in EPL/La Liga/Serie A sure, but if it was all Russia and turkey, china, rubbish may aswell stay and doing nothing at Utd than play in a crap league for money.

He's being wasted, better than the majority of the players at the club, and having a player that good there and ignoring him for Hernandez/Welbeck is just a joke a joke of getting thrashed in Europe several times proportions.

Caporegime
It also speaks volumes fo him as a person that he hasn't thrown his toys out the pram and kicked off.

Someone is going to get a proper decent player in the summer.

Caporegime
It also speaks volumes fo him as a person that he hasn't thrown his toys out the pram and kicked off.

Someone is going to get a proper decent player in the summer.

Not really, for all we know he's happy with the paycheck and had plenty of chances to leave and it was his choice to take up the extra year on his contract and now the "I want first team footie" talk is just to make himself look better to people interested.

You can never really know either way with people, for every player that would play almost for free because they love football theres about 10k footballers who would sit on the bench and never play again if it meant a big paycheck.

Alan Smith comes to mind, doesn't play for years, is already super rich, could just ask to leave on a free and take a massive pay reduction to actually play football....... won't.

I think Berbatov comes across as a decent bloke but not kicking up a fuss really doesn't speak to his character at all, just a guess.

Hope he goes somewhere in the EPL and shows what a great player he is, but far too many fans will get on his back like UTd fans for not running around like a headless chicken constantly and few will appreciate his actually footballing ability :(

Soldato
Whats this?

Berbatov leaving united?

Not getting a game?

Fergie doesnt think he's good enough now?

Well I never, theres a thing, who would have thunk it?

The greatest british manager of all time, and Fergie, agreeing about something.

Soldato
Not really, for all we know he's happy with the paycheck and had plenty of chances to leave and it was his choice to take up the extra year on his contract and now the "I want first team footie" talk is just to make himself look better to people interested.

Berbatov has no influence on the extra year, it's an automatic clause in his contract that we can trigger. He could have kicked up an almighty stink and it wouldn't make a jot of difference.

Soldato
no we don't, just politely keeping things nice, a couple of interesting therads have come of recent stuff and wnat to keep it that way
I wasn't laughing at you/the rules. I was laughing at the fact that Shami thinks adding a tenuous reference to Berbatov somehow made his "United were poor tonight :(" post relevant to this thread.

Sticking to a topic? Pfft.

Caporegime
Weebull stop trying to get a reaction. I can post about the match in the other thread, I was specifically posting about Fergie showing incredible favour to some players over others.

Soldato
I like Berbatov, I thought he'd be an amazing signing and it certainly hasn't turned out as I hoped but he's been nowhere near as bad as some make out.

At this point though I'd sell and invest the money elsewhere. For one thing I think we're going to have to look at our formation and there might not be a place for him but we might need midfielders in.

Soldato
Weebull stop trying to get a reaction. I can post about the match in the other thread, I was specifically posting about Fergie showing incredible favour to some players over others.
But you'd already made that point, several posts earlier. :confused:

All bringing up last nights match did, was to make people discuss that game. You added absolutely nothing to the actual topic of discussion.

I'm not trying to get a reaction, I'm just honestly surprised you don't seem to grasp fairly simple rules. If you don't want to know why you're getting told off by the mods, then fine, ignore me, and get some more threads locked. That'll be a barrel of laughs.

Caporegime
Where did I get told off? I think you'll find Tom is the one who started taking it off topic talking about Bebe and PIG. Amazingly enough you're the only one who's come in here and posted completely off topic so perhaps you don't understand the very simple rules?

Caporegime
Last time I checked I think he was at a League 1 club?

With the last 6 months of his contract and he's being paid something like 5k a week by the league 1 club, and 55k left of his contract IS being paid still by Newcastle.

So as it approaches the end of a contract which most certainly is not getting renewed, he's finally interested in playing a bit so he can get himself another contract, but for 2 years he's basically sat around not playing, on 60k a week, with no intention to go anywhere else at all.

Soldato
Where did I get told off? I think you'll find Tom is the one who started taking it off topic talking about Bebe and PIG. Amazingly enough you're the only one who's come in here and posted completely off topic so perhaps you don't understand the very simple rules?

Woah there don't go bringing me into this, my reply was to you so it wasn't me taking the thread off topic it was you! As usual Shami you're very quickly to point out the misdemeanours of others but never admit them yourself.

Back
Top Bottom