1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt 5

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ShiWarrior, May 7, 2020.

1. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

2. BongoHunter

Wise Guy

Looks good!

3. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

looks like its going for the more fun approach. this is a different codie team than who works on Dirt rally 2.0.

4. Amatsubu

Mobster

This is the way, IMO. Dirt Rally for rally fanatics, Dirt for pure arcade fun and that's how it looks.

Though I have to say, the trailer reminded me how much I miss Motorstorm...

5. bigmike20vt

Wise Guy

If they support VR and if they keep away from gymkhana crap and just concentrate on driving or racing then I am in. Dirt3 was ruined by gymkhana and dirt 4 inexplicably dropped vr.

For me the dirt series highlight ,(discounting the rally series) was dirt 2

6. lokiss

Mobster

The buggy racing from the original dirt was quite enjoyable, and Motorstorm on the PS3 was a lot of fun. I see a lot of that from the trailer, and with the guys behind it, it should deliver.

That said, no VR and you instantly lose thrill if you've become accustomed to having it hurtled in to your eyes at a million miles an hour. Sadly it's something to pass on if it's monitor support only.

7. markoboyo11

Wise Guy

I would think this almost certainly wont have vr support, this is for the casuals.

This game looks garbage to me but I'm glad it will exist and have dirt rally as separate entity for us more serious racers.

8. Thesman106

Gangster

I think this might be the first dirt game I'll buy, the ones I currently own were all freebies on humble bundle

9. Poneros

Mobster

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Stu999

Gangster

^^^ That AMD Radeon branded rally car made me laugh during Microsoft's XBox Series X presentation.

11. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Why?

The Xbox Series X uses an AMD designed APU (Zen 2 CPU combined with RDNA 2 GPU)

12. PC777

Gangster

Yeah I agree Dirt 2 was great. I actually completed Dirt 3 with a racing wheel cursing Ken Block's name during gymkhana events. What is this, ballet for cars? So dumb. Turns out you could cheese most events by doing doughnuts, even more dumb. I'd hold the steering in place and just do doughnuts till the timer ran out. Such a stupid addition to a great racing game.

13. OLDPHART

Soldato

Dirt 5 pre-order is available, lowest so far £30.

Will wait for reviews whether to miss or buy.

14. koooowweeee

Soldato

See I'm the person who like this and not into the serious driving. So I'm also glad they are making different games as the dirt 2.0 was a disappointment for me.