Disney Plus price hike - anyone found a cheaper way??

Soldato
My Disney Plus subscription ends in a few days and while £110 isn't going to send me into bankruptcy, the tight-**** in me objects to a 37.5% price hike!

I've seen some people selling 12 month subscriptions on the MM (and they can be had from third party seller sites for circa £70) but I'm not sure how this works as I can't see anywhere when I log in that gives me the option to put a code in?

The other issue is the different tiers - I'm not going to go ad-supported and while I think I could live with 1080p rather than UHD on most of my devices, having a shiny new 4K LG TV sat there will just remind me every time I turn it on that I'm not getting the best out of it!

Anyone else had the occasion to ditch/find another way to get a cheaper deal??

Soldato
My Disney Plus subscription ends in a few days and while £110 isn't going to send me into bankruptcy, the tight-**** in me objects to a 37.5% price hike!

I've seen some people selling 12 month subscriptions on the MM (and they can be had from third party seller sites for circa £70) but I'm not sure how this works as I can't see anywhere when I log in that gives me the option to put a code in?

The other issue is the different tiers - I'm not going to go ad-supported and while I think I could live with 1080p rather than UHD on most of my devices, having a shiny new 4K LG TV sat there will just remind me every time I turn it on that I'm not getting the best out of it!

Anyone else had the occasion to ditch/find another way to get a cheaper deal??
can't be used on an active sub, let yours expire then you can use a code :)

Soldato
When your sub finishes you can rejoin by using the code. Be aware that the recent codes only give you the standard package, you'll have to pay the difference to get premium.

Associate
I get mine via an o2 sim only jobby. O2 let you recontract without penalty. You get 3 months free, I then just resubscribe to o2 every 3 months… although it’s been 6 months this time and it’s still working!

Associate
Irritatingly, while you can use Clubcard points - I don't think you can for the UHD version.
They must have changed this recently as the app now only has standard or standard with ads. I have a few codes from last year before they had tiers of service and they still redeem at premium (uhd). I guess I'll be done with Disney when I run out of codes.

Last edited:
I joined 4 years ago when it was £50. Following year it was £60, then after that £80 to match Amazon Prime etc, so I was still ok with that. £110 this time round is too much of a jump for me to ignore.

Edit: as a comparison, a TV license is £80 for the visually impaired like myself.

Does any of the other common providers bundle D+ in? My utilities are Three, Scottish Power. Haven't got enough Clubcard points but got a fair whack on Nectar. As Lloyds got mentioned, what about Santander?

As a fan of Disney in general (not Star Wars or Marvel), I'm disappointed because Disney's been doing badly in the box office lately due to putting politics / "special messages" in their films. So they're going to shoot themselves in the foot even further with the D+ price hike.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see my thread about this in GD was closed, I created it because not everyone comes in to this part of the forum! :D

Anyway, I've cancelled my subscription with Disney and they can go do one. I will admit I'll restart it once I get an offer from my credit card or elsewhere as it was actually quite good.

Back
Top Bottom