Disney +

Associate
I think you can run 4 devices simultanesouly using 1 account. My workmate and I are going to go halves for the year - £25 each for the year. I'll get that back on Simpson episodes alone. The Mrs seems keen to watch Star Wars as well which was unexpected haha!

Soldato
I'll wait and see what's on there, I might subscribe for a few months to catch up on the many, many Marvel films I've missed if they're in UHD, but there's not much else. I can take or leave Star Wars stuff.

At least they're launching it with the app on my not-very-old TV unlike Apple TV+.

Caporegime
If you can indeed split it between four people who'll only run it on one device then it's probably worth it. Although I can see them clamping down on that fairly sharpish if people clock on. £49.99 for the year is a bit steep for what I'd use it for though.

Associate
I kind of want this to be able to go back and watch many of the cartoons from my childhood. Gummy bears, chip 'n dale rescue rangers, ducktails, darkwing duck, tailspin etc... though I suspect that after a couple episodes of each I'll likely have satiated my nostalgia and never watch again :p

Soldato
My Sony KDL-55W905A TV is too old for a native app so could use it through the PS4. I already pay for Netflix, Prime and SKY Q so wondering if adding another £49.99 for this is worth it. I hav a 4yr old and soon another one but won't be for a year before that one would watch anything of interest.

Associate
I will be paying for a year at 49.99 - I have three young kids so it has to be done. Its a very reasonable cost, but I hope Disney don't slowly increase the price like Netflix did.

Soldato
I will be paying for a year at 49.99 - I have three young kids so it has to be done. Its a very reasonable cost, but I hope Disney don't slowly increase the price like Netflix did.
of course the price will slowly creep up once they have hoovered up as many sign ups as possible it is the only way for them to increase revenue, hopefully it will see a similar investment in content to that of Netflix who are spending a fortune creating high quality TV.

I won't be signing up simply beacuase I don't want to pay for another streaming service the market is becoming far to fragmented with too many different services needed to get everything I'll stick to Netflix and Prime (mainly for the other benefits) for now and see who comes out on top in the streaming wars or if some sort of aggregator subscription appears

Back
Top Bottom