Disney +

Associate
Im tempted to get rid of Sky and just stick with D+ / Netflix / AP.

I currently pay roughly £70 a month for SKY-Q which works out around £840 p/y. This seems ridiculous when you can stream a damn site more for less than half that across 3 streaming services.

Soldato
Im tempted to get rid of Sky and just stick with D+ / Netflix / AP.

I currently pay roughly £70 a month for SKY-Q which works out around £840 p/y. This seems ridiculous when you can stream a damn site more for less than half that across 3 streaming services.

:eek:

I just use the following, plenty for me, I struggle to keep up with most new content added as it is. I do the subscribe and cancel method, watch what I want and then leave and then subscribe again when new stuff I like the look of has been added. I would do the same for netflix but others in the family use that as well.

Freeview
Apple TV + (included in apple one sub)
Netflix 4k
Disney + (watch what I want and then cancel for a 2-3 months)

Associate
I ditched Sky/Virgin 2 years ago roughly and only stream via:

Disney+
Netflix
Amazon Prime Video
BBC iPlayer

The combined cost of the above is £25/month, and also includes Amazon Prime Music and all the other Prime benefits (Twitch, Delivery, etc).

I obviously don't pay that as I share all my accounts with friends (who pay me) and parents (for free).

The actual cost to me is probably around £17/month.

Associate
I ditched Sky/Virgin 2 years ago roughly and only stream via:

Disney+
Netflix
Amazon Prime Video
BBC iPlayer

The combined cost of the above is £25/month, and also includes Amazon Prime Music and all the other Prime benefits (Twitch, Delivery, etc).

I obviously don't pay that as I share all my accounts with friends (who pay me) and parents (for free).

The actual cost to me is probably around £17/month.

All the more reason to ditch Sky imo

Soldato
Now TV (now called NOW) was always a good way to catch up on the Sky-only stuff you've missed and the offers were always plentiful, but the prices have been climbing lately and they're apparently soon putting the price of the Boost pack (which you need for full HD quality) up to £5 a month too. Absurd.

Soldato
Now TV (now called NOW) was always a good way to catch up on the Sky-only stuff you've missed and the offers were always plentiful, but the prices have been climbing lately and they're apparently soon putting the price of the Boost pack (which you need for full HD quality) up to £5 a month too. Absurd.

What's more absurd is those who pay them prices :p. My Cinema is £5.99pm, offer ends November. Entertainment is £5pm until January and Boost is £1pm until September. Without offers it would be £26.98.

You don't always get the same deals offered each time, some are better than others but it beats paying full price.

Soldato
NowTV is so awful to navigate or browse for new stuff to watch. I find I need to know what I'm looking for, or else you're just scrolling through a massive alphabetical list.

I just signed back up for two months @ £1/month but only because Mrs cheesyboy wanted to watch the friends thing. I'm hoping Brassic S3 drops before my two months run out, I liked that a lot last time I'd signed up for NowTV.

Soldato
NowTV is so awful to navigate or browse for new stuff to watch. I find I need to know what I'm looking for, or else you're just scrolling through a massive alphabetical list.

I just signed back up for two months @ £1/month but only because Mrs cheesyboy wanted to watch the friends thing. I'm hoping Brassic S3 drops before my two months run out, I liked that a lot last time I'd signed up for NowTV.

Thats one thing thats handy with BT TV the NOW channels are integrated into the guide planner so its easy to find what you want and also to record the NOW channels. For watching streaming on NOW I just use the app on my LG C9. Then again apart from the odd movie or Walking Dead I hardly use the app anymore just watch NOW live tv channels eg Footy. My main streaming is Netflix, then Disney and AP are second.

Soldato
What's more absurd is those who pay them prices :p. My Cinema is £5.99pm, offer ends November. Entertainment is £5pm until January and Boost is £1pm until September. Without offers it would be £26.98.

You don't always get the same deals offered each time, some are better than others but it beats paying full price.

The offers combined with using Tesco Clubcard vouchers at 3x the value were a great deal, but they stopped the Clubcard thing at the start of the year unfortunately.

Soldato
@TheVoice I don't have a Tesco club card, so wasn't even aware it could be had even cheaper. How much was you paying?

My offers come from simply telling them I want to cancel due to money. I think only twice have I not received another offer, if I don't I just pay full this time a and try again next month.

Soldato
@TheVoice I don't have a Tesco club card, so wasn't even aware it could be had even cheaper. How much was you paying?

My offers come from simply telling them I want to cancel due to money. I think only twice have I not received another offer, if I don't I just pay full this time a and try again next month.

My current offer is £4.99pm for Entertainment. Boost is going up to £5pm next month. The Tesco Clubcard deal meant that you'd get triple value so £5 of vouchers for example would turn into £15 of credit on Now TV, and could be combined with their other offers so it made it really cheap.

Won't be paying £5pm for Boost though, especially when they don't offer UHD.

Edit: Looks like they're planning on introducing ads for viewers without Boost, according to the FAQ on their website.

Back
Top Bottom