Display Resolution

Soldato
Hi all,

I have a dual monitor setup, both MSI G273QF purchased together from OCUK.

There's no pattern to this issue but say 10% of the time my PC (in sig) will boot up with the primary display moved from the left hand monitor to the right, and the left hand monitor set to 800x600 resolution. A solution I rely on is to unplug the DP cable and plug back in. It seems to work but I'd rather not depend on that every time.

I had an issue with programs moving to single monitor after sleep and updated the monitor drivers with MSI official drivers for the monitors which I downloaded. This driver update changed the names of the monitors in Device Manager from "Generic PnP Monitor" to "MSI Optix G273QF".

Just checking now before I unplug the DP cable - in GeForce Control Panel, the affected display is renamed to "NVIDIA Digitial Display" as opposed to "Microstep MSI G273Q".
In Device Manager it is named "Generic PnP Monitor" as opposed to "MSI Optix G273QF".

Has anyone had this issue before? How do I fix it?

Associate
I'd swap things around to see if it makes any difference, i.e. switch the DP cables one end, then the other if it still happens.
See if the issue is linked to a port, a cable or a monitor. Also switch the monitor power supplies, I've got 2 identical LG monitors and they act a bit odd sometimes when using each others power supplies.

I have the issue where windows get randomly moved from one monitor to another after sleep, looking on the internet a lot of people are suffering from this with windows 10.

Soldato
OP
I'd swap things around to see if it makes any difference, i.e. switch the DP cables one end, then the other if it still happens.
See if the issue is linked to a port, a cable or a monitor. Also switch the monitor power supplies, I've got 2 identical LG monitors and they act a bit odd sometimes when using each others power supplies.

I have the issue where windows get randomly moved from one monitor to another after sleep, looking on the internet a lot of people are suffering from this with windows 10.

Thanks, I will have a look at switching things around, DP cables first then power supplies.

I had the windows switching from dual displays to primary display - thread
My solution was a clean install of latest Nvidia drivers, strangely enough..

Soldato
OP
Switched inputs at GPU end - the same monitor shows 800x600 display resolution, occasionally, when I start the PC up fresh on a morning. Switched GPU inputs again and it's the exact same monitor.

Any thoughts on this?

Soldato
OP
Update:
Each monitor DP lead is actually two leads - one straight 1m lead, connected to a short 300mm(ish) lead with a 90 degree connector going into the monitor. This is mainly so I don't have cables hanging out from under my VESA-mounted displays.

I had the same issue yesterday so I just directly connected the cable to the suspect monitor. I can now rule out the 300mm lead with 90deg connector as the same problem happened again this morning.

I have now switched over the power supplies. Will have to see how that turns out.

It's always the same monitor..

Soldato
OP
The monitor which doesn't change display resolution has it's own issue. It likes to flicker, go black, then come back on.

So far I'm not glad I "upgraded" from my cheap electriQ units! :rolleyes::p

Soldato
The monitor which doesn't change display resolution has it's own issue. It likes to flicker, go black, then come back on.

So far I'm not glad I "upgraded" from my cheap electriQ units! :rolleyes::p

Yeah, I sold a electriQ monitor I had to some member on the forum, it was a decent little monitor for the money tbh.

Back
Top Bottom