Disposable Income per month?

Man of Honour
After tax I pull in around £140k a month. However, just before Yes Car Credit hit hte wall, I got a 6 year old Renault Scenic from them on finance for £139750 a month over 10 years.

£250 a month disposable y0 :cool:

You need to get yourself a better job then you can afford a 5 year old Grand Scenic!

Soldato
£80

£1100 in pm

£375 mortgage
£110 ground charge
£200 pension
£70 council tax

the rest for food, utilities and running my car.

yeah having your own place is not good for free spending money.

Caporegime
I guess I'm fortunate in that pretty much most of what I earn is 'disposable income' tbh...

I live in London but pay very little in rent - rent/bills/food etc.. can be covered simply from allowances for working outside of normal hours at a couple of weeks a month at work to cover US or Asian clients. My basic salary and bonus are pretty much disposable though I tend to save about 50% each month and blow the rest.

I don't fancy renting by myself just yet and tbh.. would rather buy a place - for the moment I get on really well with the girls I share a flat with and I'm fairly happy with my student type accommodation/professional salary.

Soldato
Taking into account my student loans, rent, bills, living costs (food, clothing) and the fact that I don't urinate my money up the wall like my mates my disposable income per month comes in at about -£200p/m

Awesome.

Man of Honour
About £800.

The girlfriend earns a similar amount to me (well, 5k more!) and I don't own a car or have commuting costs which helps immensely.

Last edited:
Associate
I have about £900 to **** up the wall after I have paid everything out including my car loan, insurance and rent etc, I really do need to pay off my credit card and overdraft soon as I don't really have any excuse to be in debt with my disposeable income.

Associate
Hehe, yeah. This is another reason why a cashback credit card is a good idea - not only do you keep a solid record of (almost) everything you buy, but you get paid for doing so! Sometimes it seems a bit petty using a credit card for a £3 sandwich or a £9.50 shopping bill, but it's very useful to have the record and very nice to have the free money!

Thanks for bringing this cashback lark to my attention, reading about it here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/cashback-credit-cards - seems like the way forward! :D

Soldato
I work casual, constant work, but it's almost impossible to determine how much I'll have at then end of the week.

usually earn 250-300 pw, 1200 pm

100 fuel
60 food
35 phone bill
100 clothes

possibly 900 disposable, no idea what happens to that...

Oh and I live with parents, student :)
It varies wildly so 900 isn't constant, some months it can be zero.

Back
Top Bottom