Disposing of old bible?

Soldato
Its massive lol, anyhow Dave85 wants it so all sorted.

Thanks again my partners dad will love this a restore project for his church. As others have said saving any books no matter what they are is always a good thing but we do live in a throwaway culture so its nice to see someone like craterloads who wanted to save a old book.

Soldato
Check a local church, but I think recycling it should be fine.

It's not even remotely the same as saying that is it?

Wow... Yes it really is, both books are fictional and full of stories that never happened

Guess you are one of many brainwashed religious people in the world

Caporegime
Wow... Yes it really is, both books are fictional and full of stories that never happened

Some people choose to believe, what's wrong with respecting that? As long as they don't try and convert me then power to them.

Commissario
Nothing wrong with being stupid, it's not there fault they have had it rammed down their throats from birth and don't know any better
I've said this time and time again (so have others) but having an opinion is fine, having an opinion and using it to be insulting towards other's beliefs is not. Watch what you post please.

Caporegime
Nothing wrong with being stupid, it's not there fault they have had it rammed down their throats from birth and don't know any better

LOL

"I have no clue what I'm talking about so you're stupid"

The only thing missing from this picture is you picking your nose and wiping the booger on your clothes.

Soldato
Following a religion doesn't make you stupid if it gives you a sense of well-being.

If anything the edgy attitude you're trying to display makes you look like the worse person.

Even as an atheist/agnostic I'd side with a religious person over a preachy think they know it all atheist.

It doesn't take much to respect someone's decision to follow a faith.

Caporegime
Following a religion doesn't make you stupid if it gives you a sense of well-being.

If abutting the edgy attitude you're trying to display makes you look like the worst person.

Even as an atheist/agnostic I'd side with a religious person over a preachy think they know it all atheist.

It doesn't take much to respect someone's decision to follow a faith.

Well said. I was raised religious however stopped believing many years ago. Religion has helped many people I've known over the years, in their darkest times it's given them hope and something to live for. If it helps people get through the rough then it's already done more good than harm imo. Saying these people are stupid just makes you look a bit of crayon-eater to be honest.

Raz

Raz

Soldato

No, I am not. Should I assume you're just an 'intelligent' atheist who is oh so rational? I wouldn't make that assumption though...

What I do know is that sometimes it's not worth being offensive just for the sake of it.

Man of Honour
Agreed. I'm not even remotely religious, but that load of pages means a great deal to several billion people...so shoving it in the bin seems disrespectful to me.

If you don't want to keep it, donate it...

It is an odd one for me - I'm not religious myself, but I grew up around it, I wouldn't feel good about just disposing of a Bible, or most other religious material, carelessly - same as I try to avoid blasphemy, etc. around people who are religious albeit there are limits how far out of my way I will go.

On the other hand some obscure religion though I'd probably be less bothered about it.

Soldato
I'm Christian and vaguely religious and I know that at the end of the day its just a book (your copy) and if its beat up and tattered then it can be replaced and the old one binned etc. Or given away as above. Personally I recommend replacing it but burn it, bin it or recycle it, all fine with an old Bible.

Back
Top Bottom