Distortion / Overdrive pedal

Associate
OP
SidewinderINC -

The Keeley DS1 could be what I'm after.

Does it give the sound I refered to earlier in this thread? Full and rich, with nice harmonic overtones?? Not fuzzy and muddled, with freqs all clashing into each other??

I noticed that the Keeley USA site seems to offer international shipping. Pedal $129 + $30 shipping = approx £85! The UK Keeley site has the pedal for £109. Something not right there I think.

Associate
OP
Oh right. Where and how do the extra charges happen? Naive I know, but I've never bought anything from abroad before.

Soldato
if you buy from abroad, especially with something like this it'll most likely be declared as quite pricey... you'll have 3 options really

1. get a letter from royal mail saying "we have a parcel that needs import duty & tax paid"

2. the delivery guy will say "give me this amount and you can have your parcel"

3. you'll have it delivered and think you've gotten away with it... then you'll get a letter a few weeks later saying you owe the delivery company money :p

of course you might get lucky and not have to pay it, it cannot be more than 25% over the price you calculate INCLUDING delivery - some of the extra charges are from the price of the item, and some are for the price of the item + delivery.... but most of the time they add all of the charge to both :(

does that make sense? if you want me to try and explain it better i'll give it a go.

it does sound like this pedal is exactly what you want!

Man of Honour
The few things I have had shipped from the US have been blitzed for tax, usually looking at around 15-20% of the parcel value (exc shipping, I don't think they can tax a service such as shipping?). I bought a set of EMG pickups from the US and even though I knew they would be taxed the total was still £25 or so less than buying in the UK.

It does pay to look around :)

Suspended
riddlermarc said:
The few things I have had shipped from the US have been blitzed for tax, usually looking at around 15-20% of the parcel value (exc shipping, I don't think they can tax a service such as shipping?). I bought a set of EMG pickups from the US and even though I knew they would be taxed the total was still £25 or so less than buying in the UK.

It does pay to look around :)

I got an MXR preamp pedal for £45 delivered from the US - £90 in the shops here. No taxes yet, what a saving though :)

Man of Honour
ubern00b23 said:
I'll just throw another option in for you:

http://www.tech21nyc.com/triac.html

I love this pedal a lot! You can get it for around £120 or so but it's hard to find here so unfortunatly might have to get it imported.

But a beautiful sounding pedal with a wide range of tones that you can play around with!
I just checked out the samples on that page, some smoooooth sounds there :cool:

All this talk of pedals makes me want to go buy something, I don't need a(nother) od/dst pedal but since when does that matter :p

Associate
I've got the MXR Zakk Wylde signature pedal and really like it. First heard it throught my Marshall MG100 Solid State and thought nah, that's pants - then i built myself a 5watt valve amp and when i heard the pedal through that it was a different kettle of fish all together - wouldn't be without it now.

Associate
ProCo RAT 2 - This pedal blurs the line between overdrive, distortion and fuzz. A big range of tones available. It stacks well with other dirt and if placed after modulation it seems to boost the effects in interesting ways. Sounds incredible after a reverb, making it springier, drippier, chime-ier, crazier… just more reverb-ier… like a boost but also coloring it with a silver metallic rat flavor. It’s definitely not just for metal. Sounds dope on bass too.

Soldato
ProCo RAT 2 - This pedal blurs the line between overdrive, distortion and fuzz. A big range of tones available. It stacks well with other dirt and if placed after modulation it seems to boost the effects in interesting ways. Sounds incredible after a reverb, making it springier, drippier, chime-ier, crazier… just more reverb-ier… like a boost but also coloring it with a silver metallic rat flavor. It’s definitely not just for metal. Sounds dope on bass too.

Your first post is a thread necro from 2006? Bold move!

Back
Top Bottom