Do all printers cain all your ink away ?

Associate
HP's tend to be good if you do infrequent printing and generally abuse the printer (Leave it knocking around in the boot of your car in temperatures ranging from -35 to +35 deg C, yes they are honest.) because a lot of the cartridges have the print head built in, so if it all goes wrong, you replace the head and cartridge with a new one and it works perfectly. It may cost more than a Canon or Epson for cartridges, but you do get a new print head each time.

Oh, and check the quantity of ink versus price per cartridge when buying a new printer, buying the cheapest is not always the best, paying a couple of pounds extra per cartridge can result in significantly more ink per pound, so lower running costs.

Some of the budget HP's are really good for service engineers who have to carry stuff like printers in the boot of their cars, and make sure there is a cover which automatically covers the print heads when switched off, if you move it a lot else it will make a right mess inside the printer.

Soldato
Epson are famous for printhead failures, I had 3 replacement reconditioned units as the yellow head kept failing , you must print every day I was informed & I wasted £60 of ink doing their pointless repeated printhead clean cycles before they sent an engineer who brought yet another unit which failed in front of him, needless to say the guarentee has now run out & it failed again & they offered me a new model at a 'special discounted price' so I told them where to stick it & bought a HP as they have the printhead on the ink cartridge so new ink - new printhead every time. Epson - never again

Associate
not everyone wants the extra initial cost, and not everyone has the space either, but for me the best solution was 2 printers.

a mono laser for letters etc.
and a colour inkjet for photos and cd/dvd face printing.

never was 100% happy with black and white text out of a colour inkjet.

Back
Top Bottom