Do hospitals have wifi?

Permabanned
Slightly ironic post, no?

You complain about wasted money yet you admit your current pain is self inflicted and want drugs paid for by taxpayers for it?

wow what an utterly moronic statement.

When you look like a concentration camp victim and havent eaten in weeks then you might be in a position to criticise.

However just to clear it up for your obnoxious comment... Im in pain regardless of whether I eat or not! So I gave in to my body screaming and craving something delicious!

Is that ok with u, or should I ask your permission next time?

Soldato
OP
wow what an utterly moronic statement.

When you look like a concentration camp victim and havent eaten in weeks then you might be in a position to criticise.

However just to clear it up for your obnoxious comment... Im in pain regardless of whether I eat or not! So I gave in to my body screaming and craving something delicious!

Is that ok with u, or should I ask your permission next time?

That's another ironic post, since you have no idea what position I'm in.

Nonetheless, my post was not moronic in the slightest. The information you gave me that was you were in pain because of something you did to yourself.

Your statement may be fair given your elaboration, but my assumption was perfectly reasonable based on what you had previously posted.

Permabanned
That's another ironic post, since you have no idea what position I'm in.

Nonetheless, my post was not moronic in the slightest. The information you gave me that was you were in pain because of something you did to yourself.

Your statement may be fair given your elaboration, but my assumption was perfectly reasonable based on what you had previously posted.

wow, must be the first person ive ever added to a forum ignore list!

How assumptive and condesending you are. You also have no idea what position I am in within the NHS either, nor will you ever know!

Bye!

Soldato
OP
Overreacting much?

If you want people to feel sorry for you I suggest you don't begin by being vague (not to mention rude). And given your manner I don't feel the slightest thing other than contempt for you.

However, despite that I don't wish bad health on anyone, and genuinely wish you a speedy recovery.

Associate
re: patient wifi

In my corner of the world, our net connection can barely cope with staff usage at peak times (lunch, mainly). Imagine if we then had to throw patient data down the same pipes.

Never mind the cost and admin overhead of setting up the network for them to make sure it couldn't interact with the staff network.

Man of Honour
Don't underestimate the importance of keeping sick people in touch with their loved ones and giving them the ability to manage their affairs, such as banking etc.

It may not be the most important thing, but it IS important.

They've got phones and family to do all that. They are there to recover and not surf the net like a bunch of bedroom nerds. Its not that important at all. I don't see people dying when they don't have wifi access on holiday.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't know about you guys but if I was stuck in hospital for more than a week or so I would want internet access for something to do if not from addiction alone!! At least I have my phone for basic internet but you're not even meant to use them really.

Associate
dont confuse entitlement to healthcare with "general freebies"
hospitals have enough trouble coping with delivering healthcare services
they are not obliged to offer free extras like internet access, what next? a free massage and manicure, because it helps your wellbeing?

Associate
Already being done, Google "look good feel better". And I think it is a great idea.

i wasnt being sarcastic, treating yourself is known to help wellbeing - the placebo effect works along these lines, the point I'm making is that extra services like free wifi are beyond the scope of what hospitals should offer

Back
Top Bottom