Do I have to have barbed fittings?

Soldato
Barbs or compressions are what you use to connect your tubes to your blocks, rads and pump etc.

Compressions are more fool proof imo, depends on what you prefer both offer the same thing.

Associate
Whadafu?!?!?!?

Bitspower and inexpensive are to ends of a spectrum :eek:

I thought Bitspower did the whole expensive quick release fittings etc

When I said aren't to expensive (compared to barbs) I was referring to xspc compressions fittings..

Either way, I was making Bitspower out to be expensive I'm not sure if you've read me wrong.

Associate
Cool, I'm getting compression, because it sounds more tight..

Not sure there's any weight behind that argument. Barbs can look ok, compressions normally look neater - both do the job. Its upto your budget and requirements really.

Just don't do what I did, order barbs and order the wrong size hoseclips for them. Hoseclips are not optional with barbs... :)

Associate
I do like the look of some barbs, the good ones look almost invisible, just this thin silver ring. But id personally go for compressions every time, they just feel more secure, and i like the bling ;)

Associate
I have xspc compressions fittings, all my cables hidden and tidy and it's all colour coded as much as possible, then I got an put the side case on with no windows and stick the unit down on the floor so it's unseen, perfect! Lol

Back
Top Bottom