• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do I sell my 3090 and if so where?

Associate
Ooof thats quite a drop could have made £600-£700 at one point. Guess I'll have to hold on to it now!

Good luck with that they'll try and knock a few hundred off of that!

Nah they'll just claim its faulty and they will get their money back especially if they put a brick in the box. You're too naive.
\

As I said, literally sold my FE two months ago. I do have almost 200 feeds and never had an issue (selling components for 15 years as well as cameras and other expensive stuff).

No idea why everyone's acting like Ebay is a big scam, is been around since forever and as long as you don't sell to people with low feedback count, nothing will happen ._.

But it's fine, more money to be made for everyone else.

Soldato
I've bought and sold GPUs and other high value items on eBay since 2003. Only ever had a couple of problems in all those years.
No issues with GPUs, I've bought and sold many GPUs (not trade / profit) 780Ti, 980Ti, 1080Ti, 2080Ti, 3080FE. Most recent was the 3080FE I bought. I usually buy a newer gen card on eBay then sell my old one on to recover a big chunk of the cost
The 3080FE came sealed and there was no problem at all. Guess you just need to sell it right and if someone wins who sends some poorly worded email, just tell ebay its damaged / lost and the sale will be pulled.

Some high value large items i've listed and had a messages off people who came around and paid cash then asked me to end the auction. Against eBay rules I know but again, no issues and that way there is zero buyer (or seller) protection. Hi-fi equipment and a mountain bike, which I was 100% not going to post.

Facebook seems like more scammers than eBay - people selling iCloud activation locked iPhone 13s for £100 :D
On here, you will find people wanting a few hundred pounds off "because one sold on here last week for about tree fifdy" so i'm entitled to only pay that.
Generally though, on here it's good to buy/sell and easier but for a GPU members want them for cheap as possible

Soldato
I’ve bought and sold stuff for years too and never had an issue until I sold my 6800xt on there. Card was mint, worked fine, still under warranty, etc

I said no returns on the ad but because the guy that bought it obviously didn’t know what he was doing and wasn’t “getting the FPS he expected” in some games I had to refund him after he returned the card. He raised a “faulty item” dispute so I had no choice.

Ended up costing me about £50 in postage. Card was fine, ended up selling on another forum.

Soldato
\

As I said, literally sold my FE two months ago. I do have almost 200 feeds and never had an issue (selling components for 15 years as well as cameras and other expensive stuff).

No idea why everyone's acting like Ebay is a big scam, is been around since forever and as long as you don't sell to people with low feedback count, nothing will happen ._.

I've 400+ fb currently and sold loads but the higher the value and the more sought after the item the higher the risk like mobile phones where its rife if you can't see that not everyone wants to take the high risk option and play it safe then theres nothing more to say really.

Associate
Indeed, £400 profit for what was essentially 15 minutes of work then why not. Someone else would likely have scalped one if it wasn't me anyway so took the opportunity. Plus it will pay for whatever card I actually want to use.
Why not sell heroin to kids? Someone else will likely do it if you dont so just take the opportunity. To hell with integrity and morality, what's the point if someone else is just going to do it anyway.

Permabanned
Why not sell heroin to kids? Someone else will likely do it if you dont so just take the opportunity. To hell with integrity and morality, what's the point if someone else is just going to do it anyway.

Next in! Rehab facilities have a swarm of furious PC gamers needing help with their GPU junky addiction.

Yeah I also thought my sentence was ridiculous too.. yes you see now how ridiculous your statement is.

Permabanned
I love how people are seemingly upset more at an individual selling something for a profit but if a company does it then it's absolutely fine. I fail to understand why there's a difference in attitude towards what is essentially the same thing.

One person selling something at a profit makes a few quid or a company doing it over and over again and making millions from it. Strange.

Soldato
I love how people are seemingly upset more at an individual selling something for a profit but if a company does it then it's absolutely fine. I fail to understand why there's a difference in attitude towards what is essentially the same thing.

One person selling something at a profit makes a few quid or a company doing it over and over again and making millions from it. Strange.
Companies pay tax etc. The scalpers of today pay nothing. It's not profit, it's illegal distribution of goods.

I'll admit it's a hard one to sort though, the lines are so blurred.

Soldato
\

100% this, take the precautions and you'll be fine. No need to let parasites like CEX leech your profits.

Soldato
Well technically I am taking more... bought it for 45 quid before the crap storm hit and sold to them for 68.

That's a different calculation altogether. I think in your case with such a low value card CEX was probably the best option. It's not like 6 year old low end cards are worth much more than that.

Permabanned
\

You say that but the last 2 things I sold on there, which both went to people with good feedback and cost very little in the scheme of things, ended up being attempted fraud.

Basically two identical claims where the buyer waited around 40 days and then claimed they never got the item. One was a wireless headset I bought for work (call centre/tele sales headset) which was a £40 sale and an SSD which sold for £30. Luckily I had the receipts for both and when I sent them proof that they signed for it despite claiming they didnt ,the funds were then released straight away. Both sellers are still active and they left it just long enough that they were relying on me not having the receipts to prove they signed for it and Paypal/Ebay taking the cash off me and giving it to them.

The fact this was two different people who both had good feedback suggests this happens a lot.

Back
Top Bottom