• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do I sell my 3090 and if so where?

Caporegime
You say that but the last 2 things I sold on there, which both went to people with good feedback and cost very little in the scheme of things, ended up being attempted fraud.

Basically two identical claims where the buyer waited around 40 days and then claimed they never got the item. One was a wireless headset I bought for work (call centre/tele sales headset) which was a £40 sale and an SSD which sold for £30. Luckily I had the receipts for both and when I sent them proof that they signed for it despite claiming they didnt ,the funds were then released straight away. Both sellers are still active and they left it just long enough that they were relying on me not having the receipts to prove they signed for it and Paypal/Ebay taking the cash off me and giving it to them.

The fact this was two different people who both had good feedback suggests this happens a lot.

The removal of negative feedback stops you being able to weed out the chancers too or warn others.

Associate
OP
To be fair I’ve been using Ebay for about 20 years and sold multiple expensive things. I’ve got thousands of feedback all 100% and in that time I’ve had about two issues ( with selling stuff ).

In the end, I slapped it on EBay and sold it for a little more than what I paid. Buyer paid easily enough and I’ll post it on Monday.

Cheers for the advice guys

I’ll rebuy everything in 12~ months when hopefully we have 4080s and prices perhaps have settled. I would have never normally spent 3090 money on a GPU and I’d rather get out while I can. Prices will probably crash in a few months when ETH stops GPU mining anyway.

Soldato
To be fair I’ve been using Ebay for about 20 years and sold multiple expensive things. I’ve got thousands of feedback all 100% and in that time I’ve had about two issues ( with selling stuff ).

In the end, I slapped it on EBay and sold it for a little more than what I paid. Buyer paid easily enough and I’ll post it on Monday.

Cheers for the advice guys

I’ll rebuy everything in 12~ months when hopefully we have 4080s and prices perhaps have settled. I would have never normally spent 3090 money on a GPU and I’d rather get out while I can. Prices will probably crash in a few months when ETH stops GPU mining anyway.

eBay has been fine for me as well with expensive items recently, special delivery and buy it now are basically the two things I stick to at all times. Only had one issue going back 5 years ago now. As for Graphics cards I've sold in the last 3 years, not one issue with any including during this pandemic. I'm sure your sale will be fine plus it doesn't sound like you overpriced it either which is where you probably run into more problems.

Back
Top Bottom