Do speed cameras still flash nowadays?

Some definitely still flash, I've seen the M25 cameras getting people recently. Also I have a friend got caught for 34 in a 30 so the 10% + 2mph isn't always the case

About 6 weeks ago I went through a fixed camera in the A1 doing (indicated) 60 in a 50 and never heard back.

Like you I'd driven past that camera countless times, but was in my own little world that time.

I did the same coming into London. Family emergency so my mind wasn't in it. A1 Barnet bypass goes from 70/60 to 50 but I think the camera can only pick up individual cars. As it was 3 lane and with traffic I think I got away with it or maybe I was doing 50 after all.

Last edited:
I regularly do 35 through a 30 and never hear anything if it didn't flash it almost certainly didn't go off because its dead which most of them around here appear to be, they're still an effective deterrent though even if they havn't worked for years as indeed the one up the road hasn't (used to flash and I used to see it do so but that was years ago). I've even had cameras flash at me and didn't hear anything so either it was out of film or because it was xmas day and some kind person let me off (hah). They were mostly temporary/portable ones though.

Back
Top Bottom