• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do the Nvidia 3090's come with an SLI connector in the box?

Soldato
As the title really. Or do you have to buy one separately?

You need to buy one and they come in different sizes for different slot spacing. So make sure you have a 4 slot spaced motherboard if you want to use the official 3090 bridge , there is also 3 and 2 slot spaced bridges but they are for the A-series cards and are more expensive but work with 3090s too, no other bridges for other cards will work.

NVIDIA NVLink 2021 Update and Compatibility Chart

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/NVIDIA-NVLink-2021-Update-and-Compatibility-Chart-2074/

Basically the A6000 3 slot and 2 slot NVlink bridges will work on 3090s in SLI too. So now you can SLI without a 4 slot space motherboard with the A6000 bridges. (but make sure you have good air flow if not using blower 3090's or water cooled). 4-slot spacing is fine with air cooling FE or AIBs that are none blower, but make sure case has good air flow).

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 4-slot and RTX A6000 2-slot NVLink Bridges

arFncsb.jpg

AqY4Sz3.jpg

kdkZp2Q.jpg

I have a 3090 sli/nvlink setup too and used the 3090 4 slot bridge :- https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/34846430/

Just some quick pictures, it's still not all done yet I need to plug the soundcard in with a riser and mount it vertically and plug all the drives in on the sata side and add a large fan near the gpus to blow cool air over them and other things yet. I will update it when it's all done, just have it setup on the floor for now so I can atleast do my work on it and when I have a moment to finish off bits. So far working great and doing what I need it to do. Also need to tidy the cables and wipe my paw prints off the oled screen on the mobo and the cooler, stick the side panels on etc etc etc.. The light show is on just for you guys the lights are normally off and the case has no side panel you can look threw anyways.

bjah5oW.jpg
ZhKsw7h.jpg
BpplYKJ.jpg
woQ5wBS.jpg
fYosm2g.jpg
lV9L8YE.jpg

pCktSbZ.jpg

Just some pictures of it fully done now. Finally made time to actually do the mods needed to the case and get it all together. Specifications in my signiture but also added two more NVME drives 2 x Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus PCIe 4.0 Gen4, to fill all 3 NVME slots on the motherboard that are not on the Sig for now.

Sorry for the rubbish quality pictures, I turned the GPU RGB lights on to white so can actually see in the case, normally they are off. That's what a 3090 sli setup looks like with a sound card added too with a riser in a very large case the fractal define xl first gen. So lots of fun as you can imagine and added an extra fan inside to blow over the gpus and one under the lower gpu, modded the trap door to take a 140mm fan, so keeps everything nice and cool for a none water cooled setup.

lmG84MA.jpg

vFCdjXC.jpg

kbI4UrQ.jpg

UrPOyxv.jpg

Permabanned
I can confirm that they don't come with one and when you wait 3 weeks to buy one, it may not fit if you have the 3 slot clearance as they only sell 4 slot NV links and most motherboards have the PCI E in a 3 slot position.

Any SLi 3090 people here?

Last edited:
Permabanned

Cheers, both cards side by side in a 3 slot SLi motherboard does make the bottom card run hotter anyway, but, I would not upgrade my motherboard and CPU just to run an SLi setup that Nvidia are dropping support for.

The link costs £85 posted (4 slot). They should be offering 3 slot as well.

Also, I read you could run SLi without the link or cable with a small performance hit , that was before Nvidia blocked their new GPU drivers.

Back
Top Bottom