Do we want to beat the Germans or what????

Man of Honour
Update: Well well, wow, we're now way into the top 10 and heading for 2,000 replies to this thread!

Weldone everyone, we're gonna need more members to get much further though, and we can theoretically get into top place if we get just 50% of the currently online OcUK members signed up!

Alternatively we clone Gilly, myself and davidmarq, but apparently people dont' want that option *sad-but-evil grin*

-----

Now that I've got your attention:)p) I'd like to point out that there's only 12 members of our tkc team, so what are you slackers all upto? You type away on your PCs, so do your kids (where applicable), so get the ickle tiny standalone tkc running in the background, join OcUK and get us into the top 100, you bunch of slackers!:p :D

Sign up now and follow the links in the account manager area to download and join OcUK (you have to cycle through the pages, in order of ranks we're around page 7).

I expect to see us zooming up those rankings in the next week or so, or it may be a trip to spanky for you all!:eek: :eek: : D

Edit: Read the comprehensive all-expenses-paid guide to TKC *big smiley cute wonderful happy face emoticon*

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
4 Berserker 73,439 6,583 19,388 2 Oct 22, 2004 at 11:28:44 PM
Muchos appreciated:) - infact, that would be the reason we suddenly shot up - I was trying to work out why, but FF was loading a cached version of the page:p :o

Hmm, maybe there should be some tiffykats for tkc. I know someone I could try persuading:p

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by Berserker
Hadn't thought of that. I have a diNovo which has about a 5m range on it, so clicking all round the house. :D

Yes! The MediaPad is detected as keystrokes!

Works more than 5m for me..about 6/7ish diagonally through a couple of granite floors, so I can sit hitting it while I watch TV hehe.

Oh, wait. I never watch TV:p

And thanks for joining up everyone, moved up a couple of places in just the last few hours:D

Get clicking!

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by si_sleaf
Right then Mr Beansprout, explain this:

How are you managing to make so many keystrokes? Surely you must have some cunning plan there?

How many keystrokes are in "carpal-tunnel syndrome"? :p

(22 keystrokes, by the way:D)

Muahahah - the wonders of coding and MSN. And of course posting:D

Man of Honour
OP
I've posted a thread in the TKC forums but I suppose I can put it in here as well, might get an answer a bit quick :)

Any ideas people?

I suppose you can just zip the directory and move it to another system. It doesn't appear to install anything. Not sure where it stores the keypress info though.

Man of Honour
OP
Re: I thought I'd sorted it.....

Originally posted by piggott
What is there that could be preventing TKC logging keypresses? Pulse only stopped working when I installed SP2 for XP, if that's any use but apart from that I can't think what it would be, and I would really like to get it working.

Not sure. Possibly some funky new SP2 security preventing it from hooking into the API? Worth posting on their forums and asking :)

Man of Honour
OP
If I really wanted to cheat I'd go around the 300+ computers we have in the college and install it on all of those too instead of just the computers I use each day:p

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to create 300 separate accounts and install it to each PC using each account.

But that depends on not how sad you are - but how dedicated you are - honest!:p

Edit: The site's timing out for me too :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
You have to submit before you show up on the list. Change if to automatic if you think you'll forget to submit - or change to manual to suddenly zoom up the list when you submit:D

Edit: Whoa, at this rate we'll be in the top 100 by next week or so:eek: :D :cool:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by Berserker
Affirmative

(more keystrokes than plain old Yes)

To say an answer having a meaning the direct and total opposite of the wonderous "yes", or in more common parlance, "affirmative roger" , would be ludicrous and unheardof. Such practices should be condemned at birth and society drained of their remains so that the unfathomable concept of the concept conceptually occuring once again in this dimension is vastly reduced, abraised, minimised, squashed and , ultimately, removed.

Now, where was I again?

Man of Honour
OP
Wu Wu! Excellent everyone, and wonderous thankyous to those who've come from far far away lands! (Well, comiserations too, because now you're trapped, Muahahahahah *cue evilly evil laugh*):D

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by Crispy Pigeon
Also, how long must you wait before a resubmission?
(Sorry if this is posted somewhere obvious and I'm just being blind today).

I haven't worked that one out yet, but I think it's at least a few hours, although less than 6, because that's when I've submitted, if I remember correctly.

Man of Honour
OP
Righto sir.

By the way, the stupid programme doesn't recognise all of my extra mouse buttons or count the "Cruise Control" :)o) as scrolling. :(
So unfair.

Same here. Oh well. Just use the keyboard to navigate, that's how TKC ranks people:D

Man of Honour
OP
Ah, nuts. That means that when I have extended gaming sessions it won't count towards my rank all the times I click the mouse button, screaming "DIE! DIE YOU ****** DIE!" before exploding in a shower of giblets.

Keyboard gaming ahoy!:cool: :D

Back
Top Bottom