• Yes

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 82 71.3%

• Total voters

ntg

ntg

Associate
Yes, for my employer. It's called overtime but since I don't get paid for it then I guess it's volunteering.

Soldato
Yes. I'm a committee member of a charitable organisation (career related). Also one may consider non-essential professional development work in the evenings as charitable and voluntary but it is career related so it ain't entirely selfless, like helping the elderly or something. Maybe call it semi-charitable.

Soldato
No, however I'm planning on participating in some existing open source projects and possibly starting my own (already have most of v1 coded just need to figure out how to use github), does this count?

Caporegime
A bit, mainly in terms of helping with the running of our church. I find it quite burdensome, though, and I'm really not in the mood for it at the moment as I'm going through a rough patch with my depression, so I'm considering jacking it in.

Soldato
I have done some voluntary in my home town, the charity is called Work-Link Project.

I used to help both the unemployed and people with learning difficulties to use computers and learn new skills.

It was very satisfying and great fun :)

Permabanned
I work with some of the guys in rehab at H4H, mainly with talking to them and sharing experiences etc....My wife and I also help at the local Food bank once a month and my wife does the accounts for two small local charities gratis.

Soldato
If I had the time, sure. I have done before, St. Johns Ambulance being one, but I don't have the time where I work fulltime.

My plan has always been if I come into a substantial amount of money (lottery-esque) that I'd give up my job and work voluntary around the world. Just need the money! :3

Soldato
Voted no, i used to volunteer at an elderly lunch club twice a week when I was healthy, luckily I got ill and no longer go, as the new organiser/chef only knows two meals, both involving a deep pan fryer when there is a full kitchen there.

Permabanned
I do now but befoe i didn't. I had 68 hours left to do on her HMS as part of my couminty order. I did them at PDSA and loved it. Day 1 this old laddy Betty who happens to be 85 asks me, so what you do and how many hours you got. I now go in every wednesday and help them out instore or on the van and feel good for doing it.

Back
Top Bottom