Do you ever play on a old console after buying a new console?

Associate
Not very often, I might dig out the PS2 for a couple of weeks during the year to play some of the games that aren't on PS Now or might spend a weekend on the Amiga.
All my other old consoles get donated to friends/family.

Associate
I still have my 360 WiiU and PS3 connected up but only to play the exclusives on them.
Some games still hold up really well. Just recently picked up Forza 3 for a quid and it actually had me hooked until the early hours this morning. I'm currently collecting the 3D compatible titles on PS3 as my Sony telly gives a great 3D image, WipeoutHD ,Puppeteer and Ridge Racer7 are awesome in 3D. I've only managed to find one WiiU 3D title which is Assassin's Creed3.

I still use my PS3 from time to time, infact I probably use it more since I started getting used to joypads for fps's on the Xbox One X and the PS4.

I still fire up my venerable Megadrive relatively often too for a bit of Streets of Rage 2 or Bio Hazard battle, though I can just emulate those...

Caporegime
Back in the day, yes.

I remember when the PS2 launched here with not a lot of games, I ended up playing a lot of 'WWF Smackdown 2: Know your role' (PS1) on my PS2 with the smoothing on.

Now, nope.

Soldato
nope, Ive alwayd sold my old consoles when moving to the new model

if I want to play old games I emulate them on my PC

Associate
I spent months replaying THPS1-3 on an old PS2 back in around 2012. Ever since then it’s just been the PS4 (even that gets used rarely though to be fair)

Associate
The lad has the PS3 setup in his room, he never plays it and I fired up bf3 maybe a year ago, played 5 mins and turned it off again, just felt slow and jerky compared to the newer games.

Soldato
Sort of, I drive the Lunar Rover (moon buggy) around the Apollo 15 landing site in Gran Turismo 6 on a PS3 super slim . That's the only thing I do on it. I gave it to a young person to win some races on it so it would unlock the Lunar Rover feature, as I really couldn't be ar*ed to compete in all the preliminary stuff.

This was after I'd stripped it, repasted the CPU/GPU with thermal grizwold, fitted one of those fan speed controller accelerator thingies, turned the underside of it into a very holey grill, added taller feet, cut a circular hole directly above the fan in the top cover and fitted a neat grill, and finally added some purple led lighting to the underside.

Associate
There's nothing better than cracking up an old console to see how far games have come along! But there's so many amazing games on older consoles that can still be enjoyed today

Soldato
I've got a stack of ps2/ps3/snes/megadrive and dreamcast games waiting to be played. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't also have 30+ xbox one and ps4 games sitting unused and in many cases, still with the wrappers on. I daren't even look at my steam library.

Maybe when I'm retired in 25 + years time, I'll be able to play all these games :rolleyes:

Soldato
My Xbox 360 just got set up because I bought s bunch of games for it for about £1 each that I never played before. I also got a bunch of Halo games for a series play through.

With the amount of ******** in modern games, sometimes it's nice to go back to simpler games.

Soldato
I mostly don't get the time, but my SNES still goes on periodically.

I fairly recently finished my 360/PS3 collections although the PS3 is still around as a Blu-ray player and for some of the PSN titles I have on it (FF7/8/9), although doesnt go often.
Still fully intend to finish my Wii U collection though which I've only played a few titles from, I don't really count that as properly last gen yet though as it was a decent step above the 360/PS3 when developed for well.

That said, out of my current gen consoles (Switch/PS4/XBOne), although I've not had a huge amount of time, the Switch has had most playtime of the 3. The fact its so damn flexible really helps and I fully intend to spend more time with it, especially now I have a pro controller.

Back
Top Bottom