Poll: Do you generally have a lie-in at the weekend? (Poll?)

Do you generally have a lie-in at the weekend?

• Yes

Votes: 103 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 93 40.4%
  • What's a weekend?

Votes: 34 14.8%

• Total voters
Any thing after 6:30am is a waste of a day for me.Love early mornings, never have been one for sleeping in.When you have dogs whats a weekend lol.

Yep definitely.
Missus isn't really into movies or the same sort of tv as me generally so I tend to wait for her to fall asleep on the sofa at the weekend before I stick on a couple of episodes of whatever series I'm into at the time and/or a movie.
Combine going to bed at 2 with a load of booze inside me and I'll lay in until 10:30 most weekends. Works for the missus too as she likes to potter about and watch her shows in the morning as she's a bit of an earlybird and likes to have the place to herself for a few hours.
May sound a bit teenagery and naff to some (@firstborn I'm looking at you!) but it works for us..

Oh, and yeah if we've got something planned I am capable of getting up.

Lie in's are a thing of the past (age thing). Its not that bad, I'm not a morning person by any stretch; Nowadays I naturally wake up (even if going to bed in the small hours) at the same time.

If planning on DIY and know it will create noise, definitely hold fire and start at a respectable time (week days/ends). Same with evenings, down tools and wait for another day.

Wish the same consideration could be said for some gardeners.

What is with people, whenever it's a lovely day, some tool will fire up a petrol strimmer/mower or better still, light a bonfire when everyone is sitting in their gardens & house windows are wide open? b'ah.

Back
Top Bottom