Do you keep on top of your domestic chores?

Caporegime
The one I struggle to keep on top of is dusting, the place is always dusty. And when you dust, it just stirs up the dust, so there is still dust. I need a proper dusting instrument.

Also ban for that image. I already felt sick! ^

Throw roomba in the bin, buy new house.

Associate
My wife works on Saturday and does all the laundry during the week so I sort out the house on that day: tidying up, dusting, hoovering, cleaning the bathrooms etc. I’ll alternate between mopping the floor, giving the kitchen/bathrooms a good clean, cleaning the windows etc. Takes most of the day but at least we can enjoy Sunday with practically nothing that needs doing.

I quite enjoy it actually ...

Associate
Cooking is my staple, I will quite gladly spend time in the kitchen to prepare decent food. Put some tunes on while I cook, it's therapeutic. Meal prep is a friend here too: I'll spend an hour at the weekend and make a batch of something the little'un likes. Easily 6-8 meals in one go, plus lunches for work the following week, and that saves a lot of time during the weekdays.

We have a fair system for general cleaning. I'll do more of the hoovering, kitchen and bathroom cleaning. Other half tends to take the ironing and dusting and more of the washing. With a two year old, there's always something needing cleaned or tidied away, but we keep it in order. I'm relatively OCD when it comes to keeping items in place and loathe that general feeling of disorder. That's where we differ.

Associate
Work from home if you can. You don't generate anywhere near as much laundry, have more time and energy for chores, and don't end up tornadoing around like the tasmanian devil getting ready and out the door every morning. Makes it so much easier to keep on top of house work.

Caporegime
Really don't know how people keep on top of their chores. Cooking is okay I guess and my missus does most of it. I'm forever tidying her mess and the house, and I don't mind cleaning I find it kinda relaxing in a weird way....but the WORST chore by far has to be washing clothes and then putting the clothes on the line to.dry then having to put the clothes away.

I have 3 wash baskets in the house, always seem full to the top, try and do 2-3.washes a week but never seems to get lower and always have a mountain of clothes, towels, bedsheets over spilling in the wash backets. Hate, hate, hate washing clothes and especially having to put the clothes back in the cupboards on hangers. Takes forever!

Yeah I dunno how people with kids do it!

Work 8-4 and not having a dishwasher temporarily is a Pita!
Only two of us but always something needing doing!

Out 2 nights a week but I think it's being outdoors at weekend that sucks away the time as I do def need down time.

For me killer is dishes. Every day have to wash a load of stuff up, at least clothes aren't every day

I don't mind a level of untidy (I think it's my and my gf natural way) but when it gets too much I do a blitz.

Ironing (thank goodness ) is non existent thanks to casual work wear

Caporegime
Wait to you get kids. You will enjoy chores because it's time away from being a parent when you can have some peace and quiet. I relish washing up after dinner. Stick the radio on and have 20 minutes of bliss performing a menial task.

Not falling for that trick. I struggle enough as it is with doing stuff I have to do

Don
2 loads of laundry a week, dishwasher every other day, I love cooking, hoover and lawn mowing on the weekend. Easy, you complainers are just super dirty, super lazy, or both. :p

You've skipped cleaning the bathroom, dusting, washing the windows, weeding the gardening, ironing, grocery shopping :p

If all I had to do each week was 2 loads of laundry, the dishwasher and hoovering / lawn, I'd be in heaven :p

Caporegime
You've skipped cleaning the bathroom, dusting, washing the windows, weeding the gardening, ironing, grocery shopping :p

If all I had to do each week was 2 loads of laundry, the dishwasher and hoovering / lawn, I'd be in heaven :p

Ironing I do hate, but the MiL has to earn her keep somehow, so there's that :p

Grocery shopping is a 10 minute online affair, and the other bits we only do like once a month, we just aren't dirty enough to justify doing it any more frequently.

Back
Top Bottom