Do you partition off games from windows?

I use my 2TB 990 Pro for both windows and games, don't see the point of keeping them separate any more - its not a massive task to re-download any games with the internet speeds these days.

I've got a 2TB Nvme, if I install windows any any applications or games on the same drive is that a bad idea?

I've got separate drives for important data

Can remember the good old days of partition magic lol or using fdisk

Last edited:
I've got a 2TB Nvme, if I install windows any any applications or games on the same drive is that a bad idea?

I've got separate drives for important data

Can remember the good old days of partition magic lol or using fdisk

I've got my eye on a 2TB NVME upgrade at which point I'll ditch my separate drives. Just partition some space for Windows to make re-installs easier and the rest for games.

Drives are fast enough these days that we don't need to worry about sharing drive resources to avoid disk access issues.

I have a 1TB NVME drive and I have 150GB for the OS and the rest for my games.

The reason for this is that if I need to re install the OS I just need to create shortcuts and the games are ready rather than having to restore a backup or re download the game again.

This is exactly what I do, it saves SO much time not having to download everything again

This is exactly what I do, it saves SO much time not having to download everything again
Sure does, I have a 250mb Service but still takes time to download a 60/70GB game.

This allows me to format, create the shortcut and then good to go.

I had issues with D4 crashing every 20 mins on release day. I tried to trouble shoot the issue but every crash I lost progress and had to start behind again.

With this I just formatted and re install Windows, GPU drivers and then D4 shortcut and I was good to go with more crashes

Back
Top Bottom