• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Do you think AMD will be able to compete with Nvidia again during the next few years?

Do you think AMD will be able to compete with Nvidia again during the next few years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
It depends. If AMD go for the full fat RDNA chip, which will most likely be 64 CU / 4096 compute shaders like the Vega 64, but with much more refined architecture, they may come close to the 2080Ti.

I mean the 5700X is matching the 2070 Super, and is some cases the 2080, so it's not really a stretch to think the likes of 5800/5900 would be able to match the 2080Ti.

Soldato
Lol. Spamming this everywhere I see.

what good is it them killing an already 14 month old GPU? By the time it is out it will be over 18 months and Nvidia will kill it with ease with their 3000 series. I am not excited at all really. Plus look at the link. Wccftech. Why do you guys even post links to that fake news site? Desperate much?

Depends on the price. If AMD kill the performance of the best 2000 series and its costs a lot less than the 2000 series that's one less sale for Nvidia. Sure you could get more performance from a 3000 series but your going to feel it in your wallet. Plus the high end/top performance market is just for willy waving and prestige. If your business relies on it to make your company rich its going to end badly.. To be honest anything that brings down the prices has to be good because the current prices are nuts. There's definitely been some "put the price up and see if they still sell" going on. Haha! Obviously i'm not expecting their best GPU's for £100 or anything but over £1000 is a bit extreme i feel. I'd love to know the profit margins on them.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Depends on the price. If AMD kill the performance of the best 2000 series and its costs a lot less than the 2000 series that's one less sale for Nvidia. Sure you could get more performance from a 3000 series but your going to feel it in your wallet. Plus the high end/top performance market is just for willy waving and prestige. If your business relies on it to make your company rich its going to end badly.. To be honest anything that brings down the prices has to be good because the current prices are nuts. There's definitely been some "put the price up and see if they still sell" going on. Haha! Obviously i'm not expecting their best GPU's for £100 or anything but over £1000 is a bit extreme i feel. I'd love to know the profit margins on them.
I think you missed what I said. Of course it is good for them to provide more performance and hopefully better price for performance.

But to call it “Nvidia Killer” suggests something else surely? To deserve such a title it needs to be a card that not only beats the 2000 series but also the 3000 series. Either that or I will concede and say a card that handily beat the 2080 Ti for £500.

I do not believe the story one bit anyway. They would be stupid to call it that internally unless it is something really special like the 4870 was back in the day. It came out for £200 and handed the GTX 8800’s ass on a platter. That was something worthy of being called that imo.

Permabanned
I think you missed what I said. Of course it is good for them to provide more performance and hopefully better price for performance.

But to call it “Nvidia Killer” suggests something else surely? To deserve such a title it needs to be a card that not only beats the 2000 series but also the 3000 series. Either that or I will concede and say a card that handily beat the 2080 Ti for £500.

I do not believe the story one bit anyway. They would be stupid to call it that internally unless it is something really special like the 4870 was back in the day. It came out for £200 and handed the GTX 8800’s ass on a platter. That was something worthy of being called that imo.

"nvidia killer" might mean that AMD has found a way, much more efficient way to extract performance out of the hardware units. I guess their ray-tracing implementation gives much higher performance.
It could be that the Navi 23 would end some 20-30% faster than RTX 2080 Ti, while costing half.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
"nvidia killer" might mean that AMD has found a way, much more efficient way to extract performance out of the hardware units. I guess their ray-tracing implementation gives much higher performance.
It could be that the Navi 23 would end some 20-30% faster than RTX 2080 Ti, while costing half.
Yes, that is what it should mean. But what it really means is wccftech fake news. Either that or another overclockers dream/poor volta. Lol.

Permabanned
Links?

Are these credible sources?

I know you”want to believe” but surely you have been burned enough times with these fake sources to be wiser? :o

At least one attempt out of many would work :D

Care to look in this thread, the article is posted! :D

Permabanned
Lol. I am not going to look as I know the link will not be from a credible source ;)

Then please stop ignoring the positives and stop focusing on the negatives. CrossFire gives 100% performance scaling and in general is much more suitable for use in the graphics department than it's (chiplets) in the processors department.

Ryzen 9 3900X with chiplets and not optimal scaling exists, so CrossFire will exist too.

It is just that RTG is in "brain death" caused by the Indian guy, but let's hope Mrs. Su has more sense...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Then please stop ignoring the positives and stop focusing on the negatives. CrossFire gives 100% performance scaling and in general is much more suitable for use in the graphics department than it's (chiplets) in the processors department.

Ryzen 9 3900X with chiplets and not optimal scaling exists, so CrossFire will exist too.

It is just that RTG is in "brain death" caused by the Indian guy, but let's hope Mrs. Su has more sense...
Lol that is rich coming from you.

Dude, I am focusing on reality, I would suggest you do the same. Your mental health will improve ;):p

Permabanned
Lol that is rich coming from you.

Dude, I am focusing on reality, I would suggest you do the same. Your mental health will improve ;):p

Reality is caused by poor execution in the management of Radeon Group. Our job is to discuss ways to optimise and improve their awful operations.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Reality is caused by poor execution in the management of Radeon Group. Our job is to discuss ways to optimise and improve their awful operations.
Lol.

With all these insights of yours I am surprised AMD have not hired you already man. @LtMatt speak to someone there please and get this guy a job at RTG. Let’s make AMD great again!!! :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
:rolleyes:

Market-share.png

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-nvidia-geforce-graphics-card-gpu-market-share-q2-2019/
Not sure what that has to do with what we are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom