Do you throw away lots of food?

Soldato
I don’t unless it’s actually mouldy. Plus non edible things like egg shells, apple cores etc.

Many people throw too much food away. Friend cooked a spaghetti bolognese and binned about a third of it. I would have saved it, freeze it and use as a jacket potato filling.

People throwing away food like this makes me feel sick

Throwing away a meat sauce is insane!

We throw away food very rarely. When I cook something like bolognese (my version is cooked for 3-4 hrs), I would intentionally cook an excess, and then we will eat the same meal a few days later and/or freeze some.

I also like to have leftovers for lunch. I can't really handle too much bread, so I normally take in food to reheat. This wild either be leftovers or something I have cooked for my lunch the night before.

Soldato
I throw away whatever the hell I like as I paid for it, I would package it up and send it to Africa to feed the poor, but think of the carbon footprint man, save the planet by sending it to landfill instead.

Soldato
I throw away whatever the hell I like as I paid for it, I would package it up and send it to Africa to feed the poor, but think of the carbon footprint man, save the planet by sending it to landfill instead.

Dont need to send anything to Africa, there are people going hungry closer to home what with food banks and all. We have a community fridge in our town, any shop, restaurant, private citizen can put unwanted food into it and anyone can take stuff out of it if they want to, you dont have to be poor to use it although it is mostly used by the poor.

Back
Top Bottom