• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do you use the Geforce Optimisations for your games?

Caporegime
I've never really got a good result using this feature so just wondered what others think of it?

Every time I use it, i end up with a poorer frame rate/experiance.

Does it try to get you the best resolution at the sacrifice of performance or vice versa?

For single player games I'll use Geforce experience settings. For multiplayer I will watch a YouTube video with recommended competitive settings.

I like Geforce experience as its easy to record clips of gameplay. It's also easier to know when there is a a driver update and it will automatically download it for you.

People call it bloatware but honestly my system runs about 15 applications on startup and my ram and cpu never break a sweat.

Modern pcs can handle quite a lot of applications running. In fact whilst gaming I've seen my cpu as low as 25% usage. That's during actual gameplay for several minutes.

It's pretty much a myth that Geforce experience will be a hindrance on your system. Unless you are running an old cpu and less than 8GB of ram.

Soldato
Geforce always sets things way too low on my system. It will cheerfully set absolutely everything to medium and lower the resolution to potato even on undemanding games. I’ve got a 3600X and 1070 with a 1080p monitor so it’ll max most things if I set the graphics options manually.

Soldato
Casual gamer and just use the Experience optimal settings. At the very least it provides a baseline from where you can tweak from. I usually do a quick review of what it's set and leave it at that, occasionally tweaking if I need to (rarely now). You can also use the slider if you want optimal setting for higher performance or higher quality which I found useful.

Back
Top Bottom