Do you work your proper hours?

~J~

~J~

Soldato
My official working hours for my full time position is 08:30 to 17:00 (Mon to Thu) and 08:30 to 13:00 on Fridays.

I was expected to show a reasonable amount of outside assistance via RDP, however since receiving customers ringing my home phone number (that my boss gave out!) AND having 2 turn up at my door step I now refuse to comply.

Don't mind showing commitment and willing, but won't have the pee took out of me.

Soldato
My flexi time seems somewhat more flexible than everyone else's. As long as I average 7 hours 24 minutes per working day, it's fine. I've actually built up enough flexi hours that I'm taking today off without using up a holiday day. :)

Associate
My hours are supposed to be 8am to 4:30pm however I suck at getting up in the mornings so usually arrive at about 8:30. usually work through my lunch hoour and finish sometime between 4 and 4:30. However as the boss is relaxed about how I do my hours i give him the same respect and put the extra hours in if we are busy, new clients coming on board etc. It all evens out in the end.

Soldato
No, I usually leave 5 minutes early regardless of work load.
You've got to pay me to work, before now i've actually just walked off halfway through scanning someones shopping because my manager forced a massive trolley on me a couple of minutes toward finishing time.
I told her what would happen but she didn't listen, i refuse to work even a minute past my shift.

Soldato
These days I work my contracted hours only. Years ago in a different job there was a culture that everybody was in early and finished late. Eventually though the MD made a by the side comment on how ridiculous it was that when he left everybody was at their desks working, but by the time he walked to his car and looked in the window everybody was putting their coats on. From that point on I left on time, knowing he thought everybody waiting until he left was a moron. :)

I still do like to get to work about 20 minutes early. I don't do any work though, I just like to get in early and have a cup of tea brewed and my feet under the desk. Any day I'm not late, but arrive just on the wire I find it doesn't run as well.

Soldato
You've got to pay me to work, before now i've actually just walked off halfway through scanning someones shopping because my manager forced a massive trolley on me a couple of minutes toward finishing time.
I told her what would happen but she didn't listen, i refuse to work even a minute past my shift.

I'm surprised it's not in your contract. Every contract I've ever had states "reasonable overtime when business dictates" or something along the lines.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
37.5 hours, all hours are paid, all travel expenses are paid and we are well looked after in regards to this.

Just wish things were arranged with more notice instead of a day or two though lol.

Associate
I work 30 hours a week, 11.30am to 6pm.
I get paid extra for any work I do above my standard hours, I log the hours myself.
Bonus is that I love my job so any extra hours I get is awesome:D.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I would never work more than 37.5hours (unless the pay was amazingly high!) because that's unsociable hours in my books, I need my weekends free and my evenings free :)

It's the ideal balance for work-home feng shui !

Associate
Mon - Fri

8:45am - 17:00pm (Contracted Hours)

But we have a Flexi Time agreement so there are core hours we have to be in etc. But depends, never start or finish the same time any given day really.

Soldato
Contracted 36.5 hours per week but usually end up giving about 1-3 hours a week to the company in my time, not including working through lunches or lunches where I am still technically working whilst eating my lunch. Such is life and I can't complain being well above NMW.

Soldato
Work 8-4. Arrive 8 bang on, leave 4 bang on. I don't get paid for any work outside this, so why work it?

Someone should tell that to my mum, she's supposed to do 9-5:30, but seems to do 8:30 to 6/6:30 or later if there is a need ... without any overtime pay...

As far as I'm concerned, if the company wants you to work extra they should pay you extra for that time.

Consigliere
I kinda do. My contract says 8.5 hours but i normally work an hour or so more than that with shifts changing slightly everyweek. Am i informed or get any input? Nope...just all goes on the board. :rolleyes:

Tonight i HAVE to work 6.30-11pm because 'There is a sale tomorrow'. Urgh.

Soldato
Someone should tell that to my mum, she's supposed to do 9-5:30, but seems to do 8:30 to 6/6:30 or later if there is a need ... without any overtime pay...

As far as I'm concerned, if the company wants you to work extra they should pay you extra for that time.

I realise this is not being particularly nice to your mother, but I'm being honest. It's her fault. There's no way they can compel her to do that, and it's entirely in her hands to stop it. If she feels her salary does account for overtime that's not directly paid then fine, otherwise she's giving her time away for no reason.

Soldato

So let me get this straight, you usually leave 5 minutes early yet you think it was unreasonable of your manager to give you a "massive" trolley to process a couple of minutes before your end of shift? I shop, regularly, a massive trolley load must take all of 5 minutes, maybe 7 to process? Quite frankly I am surprised you still have a job and am very glad I am not your colleague.

Granted me working over my contracted hours is my fault but to take your attitude is appalling. Bet your customer service is outstanding :rolleyes:

Soldato
So let me get this straight, you usually leave 5 minutes early yet you think it was unreasonable of your manager to give you a "massive" trolley to process a couple of minutes before your end of shift? I shop, regularly, a massive trolley load must take all of 5 minutes, maybe 7 to process? Quite frankly I am surprised you still have a job and am very glad I am not your colleague.

Granted me working over my contracted hours is my fault but to take your attitude is appalling. Bet your customer service is outstanding :rolleyes:

It's probably why he's processing trollies.

Back
Top Bottom