Doctor Who

Commissario
OP
Nah, I don't think she has, wonderbras are great at making a bit of cleavage really.

I'm wondering how long it'll before we get someone saying how crap it was with the standard comments about wooden acting, poor plot, bad effects etc.

If that's what you think, clear off! This is an appreciation thread :p

K.

Commissario
OP
Tonight's was OK. I'm not a great fan of the way werewolfs are depicted on films and TV. This one was quite like Remus Lupin in the Harry Potter film and I just wasn't keen on it.

K.

Commissario
OP
I was out last night so just watched the episode on Sky+

Wasn't that fantastic. I really don't care about the background story of that episode because I don't think it was important - The real story was the way it explored the Doctor/Companion relationship thing, this was absolutely superb and I thought it was very well done indeed. It touched something that the series has never covered before.

K.

Commissario
OP
Yes this was another absoutely superb episode, even better than last weeks.

To coin a phrase - "Fantastic!"

/edit - Sophia Myles - Yummmmmm ;)

K.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Dreadi said:
think its lame and billy is a crap actor
spirit said:
billy is a rubbash actor. so is the other guy...
OI! *clicky*

I don't see any humanising going on. What I've seen from the last two episodes is the demonstrating that The Doctor has emotions and feelings, and this has been shown even more so by the fact that he is very very lonely right now. His entire race has been destroyed and he's the last Time Lord. He's being reminded of that fact.

Time for some action though :)

K.

Commissario
OP
Can't say I was too impressed with that, I don't like the re-invention of the Cybermen with the creator character. It's too much of a parallel with the Daleks for my liking.

K.

Commissario
OP
I suspect the logic behind the re-writing of their history is the fact that it's a parallel universe so therefore the backstory can be completely new.

I'll hold my final judgement on this story until next week when I've seen the concluding part but it's going to take a fair bit to convince me.

K.

Commissario
OP
I much preferred this weeks to the Cyberman story. I wasn't impressed with that one except for the single scene when Mickey went at the end.

Tonights was enjoyable no-brainer stuff, pretty much classic Who.

And for the first time ever, I thought Billie Piper looked pretty damn hot!

K.

Commissario
OP
Behemoth said:
Wondering though, will the Doctor ever get his TARDIS back ?? He must have something up his sleeve to get that back, without it, well it wouldn't be the same.
Yes, of course he will! (remote control possibly)

Thoroughly enjoyed tonights episode, a few reminders back to the past though - The Ood remind me of the Robots in Robots of Death and the whole mining ship thing also seemed a bit similar but the story was totally different.

Anyway. As to the voice. Sutek anyone? Is it possible that the planet the base is on is actually Mars and this is quite a long time in the future? Am I clutching at straws here?

K.

Commissario
OP
Twenty past six on a Saturday, of course it's a kids show! My two absolutely loved this episode and I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

A good solid introduction to the new series.

Of course, it's fashionable to knock anything that's done in this country so I'm not surprised by the comments above :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom