• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Does a 6900XT really need a 900w+ PSU?

Permabanned
Absolutely nothing to do with the OP dilemma. Simply expressing concern and pointing out to a fellow gamer that if he is deciding to not play the game based on the general mob consensus, then he could be denying himself a great gaming experience. I have over 100 hours in it and was still disappointed when it was over as I wanted more. I'm personally glad I decided to give it a shot and just wish the same for others.

Again your are making BS assumptions, I have known about the game for years and seen gameplay videos and it is not my thing it even look poor IMO, with your outlook I should play every single game on Steam just in case I may end up liking them.

This is MY opinion not a Mobs and I will not like a game due to a Mob inc you either.

You just need to accept some people do not like your belated/bug fest, runs like poop precious game.

Soldato
Again your are making BS assumptions, I have known about the game for years and seen gameplay videos and it is not my thing it even look poor IMO, with your outlook I should play every single game on Steam just in case I may end up liking them.

This is MY opinion not a Mobs and I will not like a game due to a Mob inc you either.

You just need to accept some people do not like your belated/bug fest, runs like poop precious game.
Ok, whatever dude.

Soldato
If it helps, Alex at digital foundry is currently out of action after his PSU blew up while his 3090 was gaming with uncapped framerate, he was in a game menu at 400fps when the PSU went POOPY

Associate
Well I got a chance to game on the 6900xt properly today.

I spent 1-2 hours on Cyberpunk without a single crash.

That's on the 850w Thor PSU and Power limit maxed out - it seemed to hover around 330w according to Radeon overlay.

It'd be interesting to try the 3090 on this PSU and see if the crashes in CP go away.

Same PSU and 3090FE. No crashes in 100 hours of Cyberpunk. Had some crashes on a 2080ti until I dropped the overclock a couple of notches. Control and metro were the same, more sensitive to overclock settings than non RTX games.

Bonus fact. My 2080ti, overclocked and with the power slider all the way up used the same amount of power as the 3090 undervolted to 1950/900.

Associate
If it helps, Alex at digital foundry is currently out of action after his PSU blew up while his 3090 was gaming with uncapped framerate, he was in a game menu at 400fps when the PSU went POOPY

This is why I like the AMD software, with the Radeon chill option you can set a max fps, this really helps to reduce power consumption and strain on the psu.

Back
Top Bottom