Does anyone collect vintage cameras?

Associate
Thanks. Another significant advantage for me is comparative weight. At the moment I'm somewhat temporarily disabled with carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand. Mirrorless bodies may be smaller than DSLR's but the FF lenses are massive and ATM I simply can't hold them.
For example, the Canon FD vintage 135mm f2.8 here weighs 400gm while the Sigma 135mm weighs 1.33Kg!

a grip or something to extend the camera body down should help you.

on my pentacon i cant remmber the blade count, (i might have the low one) but i do have the god's eye 300mm f4

http://vintage-camera-lenses.com/meyer-optik-gorlitz-300-orestegor-pentacon-300/

:D

Soldato
^ looks like an interesting lens. The only current UK Ebay offering looks very tatty.
I've got a battery grip and also the stupidly expensive Sony "little pinky finger rest" thingy. The grip just adds weight which is my current problem. I'll just have to stick with adapted lenses for now, good fun though.

Soldato
Latest one to the collection. The missus bought it for my Christmas. Kodak Junior 2 from 1954 - 1959.

R86rXQ4.jpg

Some damage to the bellows on the far side as they don't fold as they should. Might have to give it a go of folding them back in the right direction and keeping the mechanism closed for a while so the leather remembers how its supposed to fold again :(

Soldato
I have quite a few film cameras, mainly 35mm format but I've got a turn of the last century kodak (the soldiers camera) that I've been meaning to restore once I've got my office sorted out.

I also have a kodak pocket junior lens of a beyond repair unit, attached to a c mount to m45 - then attached to a m45 to fujifilm x mount adaptor, which i used to take to re-enactment events.

Soldato
I have quite a few film cameras, mainly 35mm format but I've got a turn of the last century kodak (the soldiers camera) that I've been meaning to restore once I've got my office sorted out.

I also have a kodak pocket junior lens of a beyond repair unit, attached to a c mount to m45 - then attached to a m45 to fujifilm x mount adaptor, which i used to take to re-enactment events.

You should get some photos up of your collection.

Soldato
Soldato
May as well post this here as well :p

VvuC3RO.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom